Chapter 36: Take You to the Movies

The only sound in the room was the two's breathing.

Zheng Shuyi wrapped the quilt around her tighter and closed her eyes, but she couldn't settle down.

After a while, she opened her eyes slightly and in the blurry surroundings, Shi Yan was still sitting on the sofa and looking at his phone.

It seemed that he was really planning to stay here.

She just sat there, not talking or doing anything, but also giving her an inexplicable sense of security.

She thought to herself, at least when I start to yell in pain someone would be there for me.

That kind of hopelessness made her too scared to even turn ring mode off when she slept.

But after quietly looking at him for a while, Zheng Shuyi silently reached for her phone and turned on silent mode. Then turned around, facing her back to him before finally closing her eyes.

Suddenly, Shi Yan's voice sounded.

"Does your stomach hurt, your head hurts, or what hurts?"

Zheng Shuyi opened her eyes and mumbled, "That hurts..."

The person behind him went silent.

After a while, his cold voice came again.

"Okay, then you should continue wearing a short skirt when going out tomorrow, maybe short sleeves too. I bet that'll fix the problem."

Zheng Shuyi: "..."

This stinky man, does he know how to comfort people at all?!

"Do you think I wore a skirt for..." She groaned and clutched the blanket, "It's to look good."

"You look good without a skirt too."

Zheng Shuyi blinked and looked back at him, "Huh?"

"Go back to sleep."

——

Zheng Shuyi really didn't expect herself to actually fall asleep in such an environment.

Shi Yan didn't expect that she would end up sleeping so soundly either.

There was no movement on the bed after a short while, the only thing left was the long and even breathing sound.

The winter afternoon was long and quiet. The sky was gloomy too; it was only two or three o'clock and the bright sunshine had already disappeared.

The light in the room was a little bright, dazzling in front of him and making it difficult for him to calm down.

Shi Yan looked up at the person on the bed, slowly got up, turned off the lights on the top, and turned on the dim floor lamp beside the bed.

Suddenly, the phone on the nightstand lit up.

There was no sound or vibration; it just showed the caller: "Mrs. Wang, the breeder."

Shi Yan glanced at Zheng Shuyi, who was sleeping soundly and ignored the call, letting it hang up by itself.

But after a few seconds, another call came, it was still the "Mrs. Wang, the breeder"

Does she have a pet at home?

He felt that the call seemed to be pretty important.

So, he reached out his hand, and just when he touched Zheng Shuyi's messy hair, his hand stopped.

He originally wanted to brush the hair off her face and squeeze it in the meantime.

But seeing her sleeping so soundly...