Chapter 69: Finale Part 4 - Hope the years will repeat themselves

Zheng Shuyi's promotion got stuck on the last step.

When Tang Yi called her into the office, the executive's scoring sheets were still placed on the table.

All the grades looked very well, except the boss's paper was empty.

"Shuyi, come here."

Tang Yi spun her pen and didn't really know how to start.

"Go ahead, Sister Yi."

In the end, Zheng Shuyi spoke first, "I saw the mail, the boss didn't agree in the end, right?"

Tang Yi immediately stood up. She pressed her hands on the desk and leaned over, "I'm sure it's not that the boss doesn't think you're good enough. He just thinks that you're too young and don't have enough experience yet."

Zheng Shuyi nodded, "I understand."

The magazine publisher's big boss had a completely different personality from the chief editor. Everyone knew that he usually did everything very slowly. Slow to the point that it would often worry the other party to an extreme extent.

But then one would turn around after a while and notice... What?? He finished everything already?

"The boss has been praising you today too, but after all, your report wasn't directed toward him, and he doesn't really know that much about you." Tang Yi crossed her hands and looked at Zheng Shuyi seriously, "It's his company after all. Seeing such a young person on a leadership job, he had to worry a little."

"But he also said that if there's no one better by the end of the year, he would reconsider his choice."

In less than twenty minutes, the news of Zheng Shuyi's failed promotion had spread across the whole company.

Since it was also almost time to get off work, everyone started to talk about this topic.

"The chief editor and the editor-in-chief both like her so much, I thought nothing could go wrong."

"Yeah, and her results recently are indeed incredible."

"Well, since the big boss didn't agree, what can we do?"

"Isn't her boyfriend Shi Yan? Yet the boss still didn't give her the position?"

"Bro, we are an old magazine publisher, we don't live off Mingyu."

"You can't really say that. Isn't it just a deputy editor-in-chief position? What if the company ended up benefiting from it?"

"You should know our boss's way of doing things by now. He probably just started to get to know more of these candidates."

"What if Zheng Shuyi ended up just leaving the company and going with her boyfriend?"

"Hopefully that doesn't happen. I still need a good relationship with her so that maybe she can help me in the future."

Although Qin Shiyue's existence in the company was special, such news inevitably ended in her ears too.

So before Zheng Shuyi walked out of Tang Yi's office, Qin Shiyue had already secretly sent some messages to Shi Yan.

Qin Shiyue: Uncle uncle! Something big happened!

Uncle: Tell me about it.

Qin Shiyue: Aunt's promotion failed!

Uncle: ?

Qin Shiyue: It's real!

Qin Shiyue: I heard that the boss disagreed.