Chapter 31: My Looks and My Money.

Obviously, Zheng Shuyi's mother did not believe her at all, and yet, Zheng Shuyi couldn't take out any solid evidence either.

In fact, it wasn't impossible to find a male friend to fool her around, but based on Zheng Shuyi's understanding of her parents, once the play started, it would have to continue forever.

If she needed to make up countless other lies just to make up for one lie, that just sounded like way too much trouble.

And, Zheng Shuyi's mother was a quick person. Within two days, everything was arranged already.

On Wednesday afternoon, Zheng Shuyi received several messages from her mother.

Breeder: I've finished the arrangements. Go meet him this Saturday at 6.

Breeder: I found a place that's in the middle of both of your working spaces. It's right beside Jiang City's central business district (CBD), Bridge Cafe.

Breeder: This restaurant is very expensive, make sure you remember to pay for the meal. If you don't have enough money, just tell mom.

Breeder: I'll give you the handsome guy's WeChat.

Zheng Shuyi: ...

Zheng Shuyi: I won't add it!

Breeder: How are you going to find him if you don't add his WeChat?

Zheng Shuyi: It'll be really awkward, I won't add him!

Breeder: Okay fine, when you get there, just look for the most handsome one.

Zheng Shuyi: Squirtle-sneer.jpg

Breeder: You know that ordinary people wouldn't even be in the eyes of your mother. But this child is actually good, he's a few years older than you and was a really popular person when he was at our school.

Breeder: He has been attracting girls since a child. Can't help it, he's just that handsome.

Breeder: His grades are excellent too and already has a Ph.D. He went to study abroad and is a person who can do great things.

Breeder: And he's very polite, filial, and self-reliant.

Breeder: Although his family is rich, ever since he went to college, he has been using his own money. What an independent young man.

Zheng Shuyi kept seeing the "Typing" message appear and quickly interrupted her.

Zheng Shuyi: Okay! I have a meeting now!

Breeder: Okay. Good girl, trust your mother, you'll like this man.

Breeder: [Rose][Rose][Rose]

Breeder: Good-wishes-for-you.gif

She actually did have a meeting to attend. Zheng Shuyi stood up angrily with her laptop and slammed the phone face down on the table.

Kong Nan was taken back by her sudden anger and asked as she followed along, "What's the matter?"

"Disasters can never be avoided, ever!" Zheng Shuyi bit her lips and shook her head, "My mom is indeed faster, she already arranged a blind date for me this Saturday."

"That fast?!" Kong Nan laughed, "I understand the urge to get married, but you don't look like a person who needs a blind date."

――"What?"

Qin Shiyue, who was walking beside them, was originally playing on her phone. Upon hearing this, she quickly asked, "Sister Shuyi, you're going on a blind date?"

Zheng Shuyi didn't reply; it was an acquiescence.

"But, aren't you..." asked Qin Shiyue.

"My mom forced me," replied Zheng Shuyi with a frown, "Do you think I want to go?"