Chapter 50: You Thought I Was Going to Kiss You?"

After winning the battle, Zheng Shuyi was finally able to concentrate on the movie.

However, the movie was already halfway through, now that she just started watching, she didn't have much idea of what was going on.

She leaned closer to Shi Yan and asked, "Are the male and female lead together yet?"

Shi Yan looked at the screen and said calmly, "This isn't the male lead."

"Ah? Really?" Zheng Shuyi didn't even have time to eat popcorn anymore.

Isn't the name of this movie called Blooming Flowers and Full Moon? Then who is the female lead hugging and kissing with right now?

And so far, this man appeared the most. If he isn't the male lead, then who is?

However, in the last twenty minutes, the director swiftly sped everything up like they didn't have sufficient funds or something. In a matter of minutes, the ex-boyfriend left the female lead, and then immediately after, she went to another man, fell in love, and prepared to get married. It made the audience so stunned that many of them even forgot to curse and complain.

Seeing that the progress bar couldn't hold for much longer, Zheng Shuyi couldn't help but mumble, "Huh? The ML only appeared for the last twenty minutes?"

Shi Yan turned his head, glanced at her faintly, and said nothing.

In the end, the female lead handed the invitation to the man she loved for years. The man was so mad that he violently destroyed hundreds of thousands of lines of code. Zheng Shuyi, holding her popcorn, got so shocked by the scenes that she even forgot to blink her eyes.

"Why is she so cruel?" she said to herself.

Suddenly, Shi Yan's voice sounded in her ears.

"Yeah, it is quite cruel to send that invitation when his career is at a critical time."

Zheng Shuyi nodded.

"Yeah."

Shi Yan said, "Should've waited a little longer."

Zheng Shuyi, "Yes."

Shi Yan continued, "She should've sent it when the child was a month old. For the one-month celebration, you know?"

Zheng Shuyi: "..."

She stuffed two popcorn in her mouth and stopped talking.

Why does it feel like Shi Yan was pointing at one and talking about another just now...

The more Zheng Shuyi thought about it, the more she felt that was what Shi Yan was trying to say was targeted toward her. So when the movie ended, she suddenly said, "But I think, women who aren't cruel wouldn't last."

She got up with Shi Yan and followed him out, "Right?"

As soon as she finished, she seemed to have stepped on something and tripped.

In the split of a second, Shi Yan held onto her to prevent her from falling.

Zheng Shuyi: "..."

When their eyes were looking at each other, she had a hunch that Shi Yan would start being enigmatic again.

But Shi Yan just looked at her and suddenly smiled. Then he let go, turned, and walked towards the exit.

What...?

Zheng Shuyi walked out holding the popcorn that she hadn't finished yet.

Everyone from the theater came out at this moment, and 80% of the noise from the people was all insults about the shitty plot twist of this story.