Chapter 35: Slowly Curled Up to the Corner of the Bed

In the enclosed space, their emotions were squeezed so tightly that it was difficult for them to move.

Zheng Shuyi didn't know how to answer Shi Yan.

Shi Yan didn't speak either and just looked at Zheng Shuyi.

It was obviously him who acted first, but it was also him who insisted on waiting for an answer.

Her silence became more and more difficult to maintain under Shi Yan's gaze.

Although there was absolute silence, as even the breathing sounds seemed to have disappeared, the heartbeat ringing in Zheng Shuyi's ears was slowly being amplified, each time beating louder than the last.

It seemed to be beating so fast that it couldn't supply her body with blood anymore, and oxygen started to deplete from her lungs. Her whole body felt light.

Zheng Shuyi's throat itched.

She really wanted to reach into her chest and tell her heart to stop beating, so that she had time to think of a reasonable answer to reply to Shi Yan.

But nothing was in her control.

She even began to worry whether Shi Yan could hear her deafening heartbeat.

In the endless silence, the elevator rang suddenly.

Zheng Shuyi didn't hear it, nor did she notice that the light feeling disappeared.

The elevator door opened, two foreigners with blond hair and blue eyes stood outside. Seeing this scene, they froze for a moment, and then said, "Hello? Excuse me?"

She slowly returned to her senses. After catching a glimpse of the people outside, Zheng Shuyi instantly pulled her hand back and stepped out.

There was still some warmth from Shi Yan on her hands. They hung beside her skirt and were being roasted by the warmth, letting the heat slowly spread to the rest of her body.

Shi Yan followed her without any hurry.

The woman in front walked very fast. She had her head looking down and didn't say anything.

A few seconds later, Shi Yan stopped walking. He crossed his arms in front of her chest and just looked at her.

"Zheng Shuyi, don't you know where your room is?"

She went too far.

Sure enough, Zheng Shuyi paused, then turned around to walk back.

He still kept her head down. By looking at her, it seemed as if the person in front of her didn't exist.

She stayed like that until she almost passed by.

Shi Yan calmly watched her pass beside him as if he wasn't there, then finally reached out his hand to stop her.

"What are you doing?"

They stood beside each other shoulder-to-shoulder, one facing north and the other facing south.

"I'm thinking about something."

Zheng Shuyi looked at the wide-open window at the end of the corridor in front of her and said blankly.

"Oh?"

Zheng Shuyi rolled her eyes and then slowly walked in front of Shi Yan.

"I'm thinking, did you just kiss me?"

Sh Yan: "..."

He raised his eyebrows.

"Am I dreaming? That seemed so unreal!"