Chapter 42: He Won't Come

Qin Shiyue was a person who treated herself like a queen no matter what happened. So even after Shi Yan slammed the door on her, she continued to happily wait for the supper specially made for people in the hotel's suites.

Soon, she was drinking white wine and eating oysters. Since she just came back from a spa too, watching movies alone in the room and enjoying the food was indeed very comfortable.

However, uncontrolled retribution always came at the worst times.

At two or three o'clock in the morning, just after she finished a movie and decided to sleep, she suddenly felt a faint pain in her stomach.

Stomach pain from time to time has already been a common thing so far, so she didn't care and went to bed after drinking some hot water.

However, after rolling around restlessly on the bed for nearly two hours, a layer of sweat had already soaked the sheets.

Qin Shiyue opened her eyes in a daze and took out her phone from under her pillow to look at the time.

Four forty-five in the morning.

The period before dawn was the darkest; there wasn't a single slim of light outside the window.

Qin Shiyue forced herself to close her eyes again, but her stomach became more and more uncomfortable and the pain was magnified by the night.

A few minutes later, Qin Shiyue spent a lot of effort sitting upright, and after thinking about it, she called Shi Yan.

Unexpectedly, the other party picked it up quickly.

"Uncle, you're still awake?"

Shi Yan didn't answer her question.

"Do you want something?"

Qin Shiyue was exhausted by the torture and didn't have time to think about anything else. Her weak voice sounded like she was on the verge of dying, "My stomach hurts..."

The man on the other end said impatiently, "Put your clothes on."

Qin Shiyue didn't hear clearly, "Huh? What?"

"Get dressed, I'll take you to the hospital."

After hanging up the phone, the doorbell rang as soon as Qin Shiyue finished changing.

She clutched her stomach and walked over to open the door. Shi Yan was dressed neatly, wearing the same thing he was wearing during the day.

"Uncle, you haven't slept yet?"

Shi Yan still didn't answer her question. He took a look at her pale face, frowned, and asked, "Can you walk by yourself?"

Qin Shiyue looked down and nodded, "I think so."

Shi Yan looked at her, sighed, turned around, and squatted down slightly,

"Come up."

——

The hotel late at night was quiet enough to hear the wind outside.

Qin Shiyue laid on Shi Yan's back, and at this close range, she could smell the faint smell of wine from Shi Yan's body.

"Uncle, were you drinking? With whom?"

Shi Yan ignored her, he could only feel that his clothes were being tightly held by her.

She was hurting so much from the pain, yet Qin Shiyue was still thinking, although he usually looks cold, he's not a really cold-hearted person.

Not only that, but those who were close to him knew that he cared a lot for others.