Chapter 24: This! Is! Shi! Yan's! Kindness!

In the small and cozy dining room, only a floor lamp was turned on.

She sat by the table, staring at the steaming hot shrimp noodles in front of her.

Then, she suddenly started to laugh.

The depression she had after meeting Yue Xingzhou has instantly swept away, replaced by uncontrollable joy.

Is this a bowl of noodles?

No. This! Is! Shi! Yan's! Kindness!

Of course, it would be perfect if there weren't green onions.

Zheng Shuyi's stomach groaned, but she still held back her hunger and picked out the onions one by one first.

Then, after taking two bites, her hands stopped. She almost forgot the most important thing.

She immediately placed down her chopsticks and took a picture to send to Shi Yan.

Zheng Shuyi: Thank you boss for your love.

The moment she sent it, Zheng Shuyi suddenly thought of something and immediately recalled the message to edit it.

Zheng Shuyi: Thank you boss for pitying me.

Zheng Shuyi: I'll dig in now~

Zheng Shuyi:

It was so late already that even the wind went to sleep. The study room was so quiet as if the flow of time had stopped.

――If the phone wasn't constantly vibrating.

Shi Yan leaned against the table, took off his glasses, rubbed the bridge of his nose, and glanced down at his phone.

On the lock screen, Zheng Shuyi's messages kept popping up.

He picked up the phone and opened the picture.

Under the dim light, there was a checkered tablecloth under the bowl and some flowers beside it.

A normal lady's table.

Shi Yan: Don't like green onions?

Zheng Shuyi was stunned for a moment. How does he know?

She looked at the picture again. It turned out that she accidentally included the tissue with green onions that she picked out in the picture as well.

Then, another burst of joy.

So Shi Yan is a careful and caring person after all.

Zheng Shuyi: I hate green onions.

Zheng Shuyi: I said it when I was ordering, didn't you hear?

The other party was silent for a while. The "Typing" label showed up, but no more messages arrived.

Zheng Shuyi suddenly felt like she did something wrong again.

Would Shi Yan suddenly think of his high status and force me to eat them?

Zheng Shuyi started laughing at this sudden unrealistic thought in her mind.

After seeing Shi Yan's reply, she smiled even happier.

Shi Yan: Picky.

Zheng Shuyi: What about it?

She thought for a while, and instead of typing, she started to send audio messages instead.

"My parents don't really care about me, but you do a lot~"

No reply, so she sent another one.

"Did you care so much about your ex before too?"