Chapter 2: The Rolls-Royce

In the misty rain, the cars' taillights were blurred out as they gradually disappeared in the distance one by one.

Zheng Shuyi sneered coldly and gently rubbed her chin.

By the time the rain stopped, everyone who was at the banquet had left already.

The valet and the doorman checked the buildings as the cleaning staff scrubbed the floor with their mops. A gust of cold wind blew over and a few dead leaves flew beside Zheng Shuyi's feet.

She wrapped her scarf tighter. On a cold night, she wasn't sure whether she was mad because she was unable to interview Shi Yan or because that Yue Xingzhou still didn't appear yet.

Finally, when the wall clock hit twelve, a familiar car slowly drove by and stopped at the front door. Yue Xingzhou immediately got off the car.

Before he could speak, Zheng Shuyi had already run over under the rain and threw herself into his arms. She wrapped her arms around him and complained childishly.

"I'm freezing to death!"

Yue Xingzhou led her into the car and gently rubbed her hair after fastening his seat belt. "Sorry, I didn't see the road clearly in this heavy rain. I took a wrong turn and wasted a lot of time."

Hearing Yue Xingzhou's gentle voice, Zheng Shuyi's feeling of sadness and grievance immediately disappeared and was replaced by a sense of guilt toward him. She said softly, "I'm just kidding. How's your birthday? Is it fun?"

Yue Xingzhou grabbed onto the steering wheel and made a long sigh, "How fun can it be fun without my girlfriend?"

"I'm so sorry," Zheng Shuyu looked at him with a slight smile, "Who did you spend your birthday with?"

Yue Xingzhou opened his mouth to speak and was about to speak, but Zheng Shuyi spoke first, "Xu Feng?"

"Yeah."

Xu Feng was Yue Xingzhou's college roommate. After graduation, the two continued to have a really good relationship and were still in contact.

"He's getting messier and messier," said Zheng Shuyi.

"Huh?" Yue Xingzhou glanced at her real quick, "What do you mean?"

"I thought he was a really straightforward man. When did he start using perfume?" Zheng Shuyi leaned towards Yue Xingzhou and took a few sniffs, "It smells really nice, ask him what he used next time for me. I think it fits me pretty well too."

"Okay." Yue Xingzhou nodded and changed the subject, "How's your interview today?"

In front of his boyfriend, Zheng Shuyi didn't want to hold back anymore. She said angrily, "What a terrible person he is. We scheduled an interview, and he bailed on me. I waited for so long while I didn't even get to meet him once in the end."

"Don't be angry," Yue Xingzhou used one of his hands to rub Zheng Shuyi's hair again, "This is what capitalists are like, don't lower yourself to the same standards as them."

"Hey," Zheng Shuyi held her hair and asked a little unhappily, "Why are you touching my hair so much today? It's annoying."

——

At home, Zheng Shuyi didn't even have the strength to take a shower. She didn't even remove her makeup before kicking off her high heels and slid onto the sofa. Her eyelids slowly closed as she began to lose consciousness.

Suddenly, just as she was about to fall asleep, she remembered that she didn't text Yue Xingzhou to ask if he arrived home safely. So she quickly jumped up from the sofa.