Chapter 49: What's The Hurry, I'll Look At You First.

When sending the "I'm thinking about you" to Shi Yan, Zheng Shuyi felt like a shattered vase.

Anyway, after being bombarded by screenshots of their chat history, she felt like there was no more need to struggle.

And...

She felt like what she just said was the truth, not some purposeful acting.

She was thinking about him.

But Shi Yan did not reply to her message for a very long time.

So even though she was telling the truth, Shi Yan still made it awkward.

Sigh.

Zheng Shuyi curled up on the sofa and sighed, not knowing what to do for a while.

Qin Shiyue, who had been waiting the whole time and didn't receive a reply, came to urge Zheng Shuyi again.

Qin Shiyue: Have you asked?

Qin Shiyue: Ask if he is free tomorrow.

Zheng Shuyi finally remembered that she had forgotten all about Qin Shiyue.

Zheng Shuyi: Okay, let me ask now.

Zheng Shuyi: Wait, but what am I getting him out for?

Qin Shiyue: Go to an art exhibition.

Qin Shiyue: I'll ask a friend to get us three tickets.

Qin Shiyue majored in Art Appreciation back in college. Although she almost never paid attention in class and almost failed to graduate, she felt like for a complete outsider like Yu You, she has what it takes to impress him.

At least she could bluff a little and make Yu You feel like she was a person who knew how to admire art.

Zheng Shuyi texted Yu You: Are you free tomorrow?

Yu You didn't reply for a long time. He was probably really busy.

Zheng Shuyi was in no hurry, but Qin Shiyue was holding her phone nervously.

She didn't even notice her mother talking to her.

Song Lelan reached out and tapped on her phone, "Are you going to fall into it?"

"Huh?" Qin Shiyue looked up, "What?"

"I'm asking you," Song Lelan said while stirring her soup, "Your dad is going to the mountains tomorrow, would you like to follow along? You should exercise more, all you do every day is either sitting or sleeping. A good body shape needs more than just a diet."

"I'm not going," said Qin Shiyue, "Who wants to go hiking with those old men?"

"Watch your mouth," Song Lelan was a little angry, but she didn't lose her temper on such subtle details, "Jiang Heng and the other children would be going too."

"I'm not going," insisted Qin Shiyue, "I have plans for tomorrow."

On the side, Shi Yan put down his chopsticks and wiped his hands slowly with the towel. He said in a flat tone but also with some sarcasm, "What plans can you have?"

The usual Qin Shiyue was used to his tone and wouldn't dare to say anything more.

But today, she really wanted to go and failed to control her mouth.

"Of course I have plans, I'm going to the art exhibition with someone."

Shi Yan smiled and continued in his not-so-friendly tone.

"Oh? Who has so much time on their hands and would accompany you to an art exhibition?"

Qin Shiyue might have been in a good mood today and that was why she told him all these non-important details.