Chapter 19: I Miss You

In the little stream beside the corridor, a few dead leaves were floating up and down in the gurgling water.

Several ancient-looking lanterns stood on the pillars, reflecting light off people's faces.

The surroundings were quiet, as the group of people walked and chatted.

Only Zheng Shuyi felt uncomfortable.

She didn't have the faint excitement and the smile she had when she came.

At this moment, she followed behind Shi Yan quietly, looking down, and expressionless.

A few other ladies tried to have a conversation with her, but only received a reply from her cold eyes. In the end, they could only interrupt Shi Yan, "Your friend doesn't like talking a lot?"

Shi Yan glanced, "Yeah."

"She's a bit introverted."

——

Everyone waved goodbye in the parking lot to each other.

The driver had been waiting and drove the car to in front of Shi Yan and Zheng Shuyi. The valet stepped forward and opened the door for Zheng Shuyi first.

Zheng Shuyi got in and after the door closed, she just sat in the corner.

Soon after, Shi Yan got on from the other side.

Zheng Shuyi saw him lowering his upper body to come in from the window's glass as the smell from his fragrance filled the car.

It seemed like every breath he took, Zheng Shuyi would feel a suffocating embarrassment.

Although Zheng Shuyi wasn't a person who could chat and make jokes together with a large group of people, she still had fun conversations with her friends.

If it wasn't because she wanted to anger Yue Xingzhou for what he has done, nothing would have happened today.

At least in front of people of the opposite gender, she has always been well-behaved and looked professional.

Especially in front of Shi Yan, she believed that she behaved herself to the extreme.

――Although she still messed up a lot.

But, those mess-ups weren't that bad.

But what happened today really made her want to dig a hole and bury herself.

Not only did she say that she was "making love", Shi Yan even got to make her seem like an idiot by ordering those cakes. That moment, she could feel that her image in front of Shi Yan was abruptly shattered into a million pieces.

Zheng Shuyi thought that if she sent this elsewhere, it wouldn't have been that bad, but she couldn't control herself to send it at that exact moment, right under Shi Yan's eyes.

That subtle text made the atmosphere extremely awkward.

"Should I bring Miss Zheng home first?"

The driver in front suddenly asked.

"Yeah," responded Shi Yan.

Zheng Shuyi still didn't speak. She just kept digging her fingers at the edge of the car window while paying attention to Shi Yan's expression through the reflection.

After he got in the car, there was nothing unusual at all. As usual, he was just looking at his phone as if there were no other people in the car.

The car was driving very quickly towards Zheng Shuyi's house.

Soon, the gate of her neighborhood came into view.

Zheng Shuyi finally felt a bit relieved.

Fortunately, Shi Yan didn't say anything. Otherwise, she would really go find a pit and bury herself.