Chapter 44: Were You Ever Sincere?

After finishing the report to Shi Yan, Qiu Fu quickly returned to his office on the eighth floor.

Zheng Shuyi was still waiting for him, sitting quietly and holding a cup of coffee.

Qiu Fu looked at her from a distance.

In fact, Qiu Fu was a very typical person who bent with the wind. In addition to finishing all the work on time and properly, he also knew how to do things depending on what the boss wanted at the moment.

For example, he felt that Shi Yan had a sense of dislike against Qin Lezhi, so he immediately took action and prevented her from appearing again.

And after what happened today, he could also tell that some unpleasant things might have happened between Shi Yan and Zheng Shuyi.

But he wasn't sure if it was just some small arguments that happened between the two or what, and after meeting Zheng Shuyi for the past few times, he started to like the attitude she had with her work. So today, he still politely greeted her.

It was just that he was more serious this time than usual, and didn't talk about anything off-topic in the middle. Zheng Shuyi just followed his flow and didn't get to think about other things either.

After the two or three-hour interview, Zheng Shuyi seemed to have been enveloped in such a serious atmosphere.

So when she left Mingyu Cloud, there wasn't any strangeness on her face.

Even after she got in the taxi, she didn't give herself any break and immediately put on earbuds to playback Qiu Fu's recording.

However, Bi Ruoshan happened to call at the moment.

"Sister, did your wifi break down?" Bi Ruoshan just got off work and she said unhurriedly, "Or is our friendship slowly deteriorating already. Why didn't you reply to the messages I sent you the day before yesterday?"

"Huh?" Zheng Shuyi was stunned for a moment, "Oh, maybe I forgot."

"Okay, I accept your excuse, but you didn't reply to what I sent this morning either, how do you explain this? Do I still have my position in your heart?"

Zheng Shuyi looked out the car window and suddenly fell silent.

Although she couldn't see her face, Bi Ruoshan could sense Zheng Shuyi's change in emotion. She immediately removed her casual and carefree tone and asked seriously, "What happened? Have you been very busy recently?

Bi Ruoshan took the initiative to open a hole for Zheng Shuyi to release all the emotions that she had been accumulating for days. But since they've been staying there for a while already, she has already accepted the truth and didn't talk and complain like a flash flood.

It was just that when repeating what had happened, Zheng Shuyi re-experienced the worst days of her life.

Especially when she talked about what happened a few hours ago, she paused a few times, as if she suddenly lost her ability to form a proper sentence. She didn't know what words to use to describe the twists and turns she felt in those minutes.

Whenever she thought of Shi Yan's look and walked past her like she didn't exist, Zheng Shuyi would feel like her throat was being strangled.

After quietly listening to her, Bi Ruoshan sighed.

"How did that happen... Why didn't you tell me earlier, sigh... I don't know what to do either. I can't pretend that I'm in the same situation and comfort you, I can only say since everything already happened...sigh"

"Yeah, things are already like this," Zheng Shuyi's voice sounded like there was sand in her throat, nothing like her usual sweetness, "What an arrogant person he is, born with a golden spoon in his mouth, what made him meet someone like me? He must hate me so much right now, so much."