Chapter 46: Why Do You Care?

Shi Yan's words straight up made the tears that were about to fall down back into Zheng Shuyi's eyes. Then, they turned into balls of fire and evaporated in her body.

At first, she was a little confused and thought that maybe she had misheard.

But such a simple sentence.

How! Could! She! Have! Misheard!

In an instant, all the sadness and hidden thoughts were gone, and there was only a buzzing sound going in her mind.

No, it's just, why did you suddenly say this at this time?

Zheng Shuyi's mouth was left wide open. After staring at the wall in a daze for a while, she turned her head to look at Shi Yan.

He had a light expression. His eyes were looking calmly at the LED announcements on the wall and didn't seem to feel like what he said was wrong or inappropriate.

Zheng Shuyi couldn't even feel sad anymore.

She looked at him blankly for a few seconds before looking away.

The body temperature that was already feverish got even higher, and the blush on her face also grew more and more obvious.

"You... I..."

Hearing that she didn't manage to utter a word after hesitating for such a long time, Shi Yan said again calmly, "Am I wrong?"

Although his words were obviously due to the sudden anger, to be honest, he wasn't that wrong.

Otherwise, what else would an adult couple be doing at this time?

Holding hands and watching movies?

According to Zheng Shuyi's previous routine, this kind of progress was a bit of a waste of her effort.

Shi Yan looked at Zheng Shuyi with some mocking eyes.

While in a fever, one's brain wouldn't function as well as normal. In addition, Zheng Shuyi was in such shock that she actually felt like his words made sense. She nodded slightly in a daze.

But so what? All the conditions for that to happen are already gone.

"Yeah, you're right."

Shi Yan: "..."

However, as soon as the voice fell, the air seemed to have vibrated slightly, and the two fell silent again.

This short conversation seemed to have lifted up a corner of a barrier that both sides knew but have been hidden this whole time.

Her honest words seemed to have made the current situation even more embarrassing.

That feeling of her throat being stuffed came again, preventing her from saying anything else.

The corridor was wide and empty, but the air felt extremely heavy.

Zheng Shuyi leaned against the wall lightly, not knowing how to deal with the situation.

The broadcast sounded again to remind her, and only then did Zheng Shuyi return to her senses. She quickly ran to the window.

After getting her test results, she evened out her breathing before returning to Shi Yan.

"Got my results, I'll go see what they mean."

Shi Yan let out a "Mm" and said nothing more. He didn't have any intention to follow her there either.

Zheng Shuyi went to the diagnosis room alone.

The doctor looked at the results and typed on his computer while saying, "White blood cell amount is high, should be a bacterial infection. The condition isn't very serious right now, I'll prescribe the medicine for you and if the fever is still there after you wake up tomorrow, you can come to the hospital to get an intravenous drip. Don't pull all-nighters and make sure you get plenty of rest."