Chapter 23: He Might Not Be In A Good Mood.

The reason Xu Yuling found this scene so unbelievable was because of her limited knowledge about Shi Yan. The feeling that he gave off didn't match what her eyes were witnessing.

The last time when she went to his interview, she was actually very nervous and constantly encouraging herself.

But it turned out that Shi Yan didn't care at all who the magazine publisher sent.

There was more that he didn't care about.

Although the whole interview process seemed to have gone smoothly, Xu Yuling could feel an invisible pressure surrounding her the whole time.

She could tell that the person in front of her did not seem to be satisfied with her interview abilities, but his dissatisfaction was only shown on his cold and light attitude, nothing more.

For example, she realized that she made a mistake while asking a question. She was worried as she kept eyeing him, afraid that he would show an expression of extreme disappointment.

Unexpectedly, he didn't mention it at all and just ignored it.

Xu Yuling was a person who could study a person's words and expressions. She knew clearly that Shi Yan didn't dislike her or anything, it was just that he didn't care at all about the interview.

But just now, Xu Yuling stood in the lobby on the first floor and saw Shi Yan driving Zheng Shuyi away.

She saw that the look in Shi Yan's eyes was nothing like what she remembered.

Then she remembered what Zheng Shuyi had said. Xu Yuling suddenly felt a chill on her back.

——

"Achoo!"

In the air-conditioned car, Zheng Shuyi sneezed.

She covered her mouth with her arm and muttered, "Who's cursing me behind my back?"

No one replied, as if Zheng Shuyi was talking to herself.

After she resolved the awkwardness, there was nothing to do again and her senses became sensitive.

In the car, the sweet smell of the egg tarts drifted to the front seats from the back.

Zheng Shuyi slowly turned her head around and glanced at it.

By the time she turned her head back, Shi Yan was looking at her.

The two looked at each other, and neither of them spoke.

A moment later, Shi Yan turned his head and looked at the intersection ahead. "What do you want to eat?" he asked.

Zheng Shuyi smiled, rubbed her scarf, and gently pointed, "Turn right ahead."

——

"Nine Flavors" was a private noodle shop open 24 hours a day.

It was located deep in the alley and was remodeled from an old house. The environment was simple but also clean and elegant.

The signature dish, prawn noodles, was extremely delicious. With one bite, one could feel like their life was filled with flavor.

This taste would often appear in Zheng Shuyi's mind in the middle of the night for no reason, making her feel like even her dreams were tasty.

It was almost eleven o'clock at night already, and there were still seven or eight people in the line.

After they were seated, they waited for a while, and then a bowl of hot noodles was served.

Zheng Shuyi started to stir the noodle, then raised her head and asked, "You sure you don't want any?"

Shi Yan sat right across from her. His glance slowly swept across her face and then glanced at the noodles in the bowl.