Chapter 47: Actually, It Wasn't All Lies

Zheng Shuyi was the catastrophe in his life.

When Shi Yan stepped into the doors of the emergency department and saw Zheng Shuyi sleeping peacefully on the chair, he realized he was right.

He stared at her without a word for a long time.

It seemed that ever since the very beginning, he has been slowly trying to form a compromise with Zheng Shuyi.

And by now, he has already gone behind his bottom line.

After realizing this, he suddenly became relieved.

There was really nothing he could say about liking Zheng Shuyi, it was a fact he had to admit.

——

The emergency department was getting pretty loud. There were people walking in and out while leaving their water-stained footprints behind.

Zheng Shuyi had her head lowered and remained silent for a long time.

Shi Yan's words shot her back into full embarrassment.

It was as if he was reminding her of what she had done, and after she understood him, she could feel his disappointment and frustration.

What an arrogant person he was, after getting the feeling of being played around by her, he must have felt very terrible while saying the word "catastrophe".

But he still came.

Even though she was the catastrophe of his life, he still came.

In the dark and mysterious spot in Zheng Shuyi's heart, his appearance was a ray of light.

Since he didn't leave completely yet, that meant there was still hope.

Maybe because there were so many other sick people in the hospital, but after thinking about this, she felt a touch of sweetness in her endless sour emotions. She wanted to cry even more.

She raised her hand and rubbed her eyes, her fingertips were covered with some moistness.

Just as her tears were about to come out of her eyes, a girl sitting next to her suddenly said enigmatically, "Lol, you didn't have to roast her so hard in the hospital."

"..."

Her tears went back into her eyes.

Zheng Shuyi slowly turned her head and looked at the girl.

The girl was wearing a cap and typing quickly on her phone, probably sticking her nose around and making complaints.

Feeling Zheng Shuyi's gaze, she paused for a while, turned her head slowly, and said quietly, "Oh... was I too loud?"

Zheng Shuyi sniffed.

"Oh, sorry," the girl made a "please go ahead" gesture at her and put on her earplugs, "Please continue, I'll mute myself."

Shi Yan: "..."

He reached out and turned Zheng Shuyi's head back.

"Are you going?"

"Oh."

Zheng Shuyi lowered her head and saw that his jacket was still on her. She reluctantly took it down and returned it to him, "Thank you for your jacket."

She raised her hands but prayed in her heart: Don't take it. Don't take it. Let me hold on to it a little longer.

Obviously, Shi Yan couldn't hear what she was saying in her mind. He took the jacket away, put it on his shoulders, and walked toward the doors.