Chapter 37: Why Do You Care?

Shi Yan's like, in addition to making Zheng Shuyi feel excited, also filled Qin Shiyue's head with confusion.

She received a notification and clicked in to take a look.

Huh? Uncle?

For a second, she thought her eyes were lying to her.

In Qin Shiyue's mind, it wasn't a surprise that Shi Yan and Zheng Shuyi were friends on WeChat. After all, the two have worked together before, and it wasn't unusual for them to add each other's contacts.

But the strange thing was that Shi Yan liking this post did not seem like something he would do this late at night at all.

In fact, Qin Shiyue and Shi Yan have many mutual friends, but she has never seen Shi Yan being active in her Moments.

She has even thought that Shi Yan made a WeChat account simply for work purposes.

Other than sending work-related messages, she has never seen her uncle on WeChat at all!

Let alone liking a woman's Moments.

And it was just an image of everyday life with no captions.

More importantly, it was in the middle of the night...

The more Qin Shiyue thought about it, the more she felt like something was wrong. Her desire to learn some rumors made her open Shi Yan's chatbox.

But in the end, her fear still defeated her desire for gossip.

Forget it, I'm not ready to die just yet.

——

The movie hasn't been halfway done yet, but half of the people in the theater have left already.

There were a lot of empty spaces in the front rows.

Then after another while, the people around Zheng Shuyi began to move around. Some were whispering to each other, some were fiddling with their phones, and some were even snoring already in the back.

Yet on the big screen, the two love birds were still sitting on the beach chatting about life.

The audience was probably wanting to pull the director out of the screen to have a little chat about life with him.

The airtight theater became less peaceful, and various emotions floated in the darkness.

Zheng Shuyi glanced at Shi Yan quietly, wondering if he was also bored.

But he was just peacefully watching the screen.

His eyebrows were raised and his eyes were soft.

He didn't seem to be impatient at all, but it didn't seem like he was very interested in the movie plot either.

He just sat there.

Zheng Shuyi looked away and leaned back in her seat.

Before she knew it, she also became like Shi Yan, just looking sternly at the big screen.

But she wasn't interested in the movie either.

The movie lasted a full 120 minutes.

By the time that the movie ended, only Zheng Shuyi and Shi Yan were left in the theater.

Oh wait, there seemed to be someone else.

There was a sudden noise in the row behind them.

"Idiot, wake up, the movie's over!"

The person who spoke was also a man who had just woken up. Seeing his companion who came with him sleeping so soundly, he threw a slap on his head.

The fat man who just got slapped awake rubbed his face and realized that the movie was over. He couldn't help but curse, "Fuck, this stupid shit costs money? This crap is trash! I'd rather sleep two hours in my dorm."