Chapter 20: Enigmatic!

Uncle Guan?

Zheng Shuyi thought for a while, as she wasn't sure who the person was, and slowly typed a few question marks.

The second she was about to send it, she suddenly remembered.

Guan Xiangcheng!

At first, when Shi Yan took the initiative to send her a message, Zheng Shuyi was both surprised and happy.

Now that he said Guan Xiangcheng wanted to see her, her brain was full of the bigwig.

Zheng Shuyi: Mr. Guan? Guan Xiangcheng??

Zheng Shuyi: He wants to see me??

Zheng Shuyi: Why though??

In the private dining room filled with the smell of cigarettes and alcohol, everyone was pouring each other wine and discussing negotiations. Everyone wanted more benefits, and the atmosphere grew quite intense.

And in this atmosphere, all that was in front of Shi Yan's eyes were a screenful of question marks from Zheng Shuyi.

He took off his glasses and rubbed his sore eyebrows.

Listening to the chattering of the people around him, Shi Yan looked like an outsider. He clicked into Zheng Shuyi's Moments again to check out that picture.

It seemed that the freezing breeze from thousands of miles away was blowing towards him, along with the cold dew of the river water and the fragrance of the mountains.

When he exited out of the image, there were two more messages.

Zheng Shuyi: Don't leave me hanging, tell me.

Zheng Shuyi: Trembling.GIF

Shi Yan: He is willing to accept your interview.

——

When Zheng Shuyi saw these words, she was so overwhelmed with joy that she sent five "Thank You Boss" stickers with koutous1 in a row.

Zheng Shuyi: OK OK!

Zheng Shuyi: I'll be back right away!

She was lying on the bed with her heart racing.

She never even dreamed that she could get an interview against such a famous person in the industry already.

As if a pie suddenly smashed onto her and knocked her out, Zheng Shuyi turned over and lied face down on the bed. After a long time, she finally jumped out of the joy and started thinking.

She slowly calmed down and her expression gradually became serious, and even a little confused.

She opened her phone and slowly sent another question mark to Shi Yan.

Shi Yan: What's up with all the question marks today?

Zheng Shuyi typed out: "No... I just want to ask..." She hesitated, then deleted that message.

She just wanted to ask, when did I apply for an interview with Guan Xiangcheng?

However, Shi Yan's cold words stopped Zheng Shuyi from sending it.

The next morning, she indeed received a call from one of Guan Xiangcheng's staff members.

The purpose was to finalize the time and other details with her. Zheng Shuyi took a look at her work schedule for the next few weeks and said, "I should be available any time. My time is really flexible too and can be adjusted whenever."

Staff: "Okay, let me check, is next week okay? Time might be a bit tight, but the topic can be anything."

"Yes," replied Zheng Shuyi, "I will come back immediately and prepare."