Chapter 45: Uncle, You're Done For

Deleting Shi Yan's WeChat was a painful decision that Zheng Shuyi decided to make after crying.

In this matter, Shi Yan did a quick and clean job, and it was her who was being unwilling.

Anyway, she was already hated by Shi Yan. With his personality, they would definitely not be able to come back together again, ever.

And keeping his contact, apart from the hopeless expectation, wouldn't do any good to Zheng Shuyi.

And he wouldn't contact her anymore, so he wouldn't even know or care if she disappeared from his friend's list.

Therefore, after Zheng Shuyi deleted his WeChat, apart from the moment of emptiness in her heart, she felt much more relaxed.

In the next few days, she still had a lot of work to finish. So after completely devoting herself, her efficiency sky-rocketed and became a working frenzy in the eyes of her colleagues.

One morning, Kong Nan couldn't sleep due to the noise of the construction upstairs and arrived at the company half an hour early. Thinking that since the boss wasn't here yet, she wanted to relax for a while.

But surprisingly, she found out that Zheng Shuyi arrived even earlier than her. She was sitting upright in front of her computer working very hard. Kong Nan felt guilty for some reason and slowly placed down the phone in her hand.

When it was time for work to officially start, Kong Nan couldn't hold back anymore and sat on the chair beside Zheng Shuyi.

"What's the matter with you lately? Are you actually treating the company as your home? Do you want me to bring you a bed next time?

Zheng Shuyi was busy writing an email and didn't have the time to chat with her.

"I'm busy, talk to you at noon."

"It's not that I have a problem with you," muttered Kong Nan as she left, "It's just that seeing you working so hard makes me really stressed."

Right now, Zheng Shuyi was preparing the documents to apply for a U.S. visa. Based on her past experience, in addition to some procrastination, it would take about a week to finish.

But this time, it only took her half a day to get everything ready.

The day of the visa interview was Thursday. Although an appointment was already made with the visa officer, there was still a lot of work left to do. So during the afternoon, Zheng Shuyi asked to leave early to go to the embassy.

When she arrived at the embassy, as she had expected, the crowds lined up from the embassy hall to the alley outside. It was enough to give someone a headache just by looking at it.

It happened that it was also very cold today, and Zheng Shuyi forgot her scarf before she came.

The cold spring wind wasn't warmer than that of winter even by the slightest bit. They poured into her neck wave after wave and was even mixed along with a few drizzles of rain. Zheng Shuyi was so cold that she felt like she wasn't wearing clothes at all and sneezed several times.

"Zheng Shuyi?"

After hearing her continuous sneezes, Yu You finally noticed Zheng Shuyi in the crowd.

He walked through the crowd towards her, "Are you here to apply for a visa too?"

As he spoke, he handed over a tissue.

Zheng Shuyi's nose was very itchy, so she naturally took the tissue and covered her mouth as she sneezed again. Then she replied, "Yeah, I'm going for a business trip to America next month."