Chapter 68: Finale Part 3

Zheng Shuyi immediately called Wang Meirui back.

Although it was late at night already, Wang Meiru obviously couldn't fall asleep. That sentence "I'm Shi Yan" was still lingering beside her ears.

So when she picked up the phone, she didn't know what to say. In the end, she finally asked, "Finally finished showering?"

"It's so late, why did you call me?"

"Why sound so bothered?" Wang Meiru sneered, "I just wanted to ask if you would come home on May first."

Zheng Shuyi held the phone and secretly glanced at Shi Yan on the side, then said quietly, "I know what you want."

Qingan is one of the best places to go for vacation. Every year, the tickets to Qingan during May 1st were always very hard to get. And because of how crowded it would get, Zheng Shuyi and her family have already reached a consensus on not going home during such holidays.

The way Wang Meiru asked, it was obvious that there was a deeper reason.

Wang Meiru: "Don't care what I want, just tell me if you're coming back."

Zheng Shuyi didn't reply. Instead, she covered the mic and glanced towards Shi Yan.

Shi Yan was leaning on the front of the bed and flipping through a magazine, during which he took a chance to glance at her back.

"What is it?"

To cover her little embarrassment, Zheng Shuyi raised her chin and cleared her throat, "Do you have time on May first?"

"No."

The sound of pages flipping came along with Shi Yan's short reply, "but I'll make some."

Zheng Shuyi couldn't help but reach out and kick him, "Next time finish your words in one go."

Then she turned her back towards him and lifted the hand on the mic, "Okay, I'll see. I'm pretty busy here these days, but I'll come back if I have time. I'll let you know when the time comes."

As if she accidentally jinxed herself, work started to overload her the week before May 1st.

Zheng Shuyi was so busy that she even called Qin Shiyue, who usually just chilled on Sundays, to come help.

When Wang Meiru's call came to ask, Zheng Shuyi didn't even have the time to wear earbuds. She held the phone with her shoulder and organized some folders while replying, "I really can't come back, too busy, and it's almost mid-year examination soon, I really don't have time."

Wang Meiru was a little annoyed, "Okay okay, go do your busy work, children, after they grow up, are indeed ungrateful."

After hanging up, Zheng Shuyi quickly threw this matter to the back of her head.

——

On the last day of holiday.

This was the only rest day that Zheng Shuyi had this week. And Shi Yan happened to be abroad and wouldn't come back until midnight. She didn't want to go anywhere and just lay on the bed at home for the afternoon. In the evening, she suddenly wanted to cook something.

Although the two rarely cooked, the aunt who came to make food always kept the fridge in stock.

But having all the ingredients and tools was one matter.

Turning these into tasty dishes was another.

Two hours later, the fridge was half empty, but only three successful dishes came out.