Chapter-15 he is back

Author's POV:

Riccardo's Mother was returning home from Riccardo's place, she knew it would take her very long time.

But she was quite satisfied, finally she saw the girl his son went all the way to marry, a person as egoist as him went out of his way to bring her back and marry her.

Not to make her suffer but to make her his.

She said to herself, "At last I got to know Riccardo is serious out her, my husband doesn't approve of this girl. He thinks Riccardo deserves someone as Riley, hardworking elegant classy mature lady, but as far I know... He was never that interested in her when they were dating."

She looked down, "And Cherish doesn't seem to like Riccardo either. But my son is blind in love. I will protect Riccardo's love if I have too..... Cherish must love my son, even if I had to pull on a act for it...."

She smiled remembering how protective her son got for his wife, she whispered, "Finally a hope for my baby.... Who doesn't like a husband who will protect her against in-laws?"

She was a mother with mission, of course, she was ready to pull some strings, and break some of them.

Mrs. Rosette whispered, "She is cute though...."

Cherish's POV:

I waited for him to return to the room, but he didn't. I never thought a day as such will come in my life, where I will wait for him.

I looked at the time it's almost midnight. I cannot sleep till I make my intensions clear. I didn't wanted him to deal with the results of this fight.

I walked out of room in frustration, I walked in the palace like a blind lost puppy looking for it's master.

I noticed the maids closing the kitchen for the night, I asked, "Hey... Where is Riccardo?"

She said, "I... I don't know..."

I looked down disappointed, but she did gave me a hint.

Soon, I walked in a room he calls his office. As soon as I walked in I realized it's like a time capsules. The sofa is made up of leather and it's so big, plus everything is arranged so pretty.

It's give a man cave energy.

I chuckled internally on my thoughts, I am amused I liked his taste. I realized he had a glance at me. He was sitting on the corner of the sofa, with a book open to his face, his hand had a glass too.

He had a drink.

Riccardo said looking straight at the book, "You should be sleeping...."

I said, "You too...."

I took my place near him. I realized he was too focused on the book, he took another sip not so seriously. But looks like today bothered him.

I said, "Today.... I.."

I heard him, "Don't worry go back to your room.... I will talk with her, you won't be bothered...."

I sighed, I said, "Riccardo.... You didn't have to do that for me.... I am capable... and she hit you..."

He cut my words looking at me, "I am neither weak to need consoling over this ..... nor arrogant to let my wife get bullied for the choices she never had...."

He looked back at the book, while I was amused. He said he cares for me, even when he forced me to married. He is admitting his mistakes and being right at the same time.