Chapter-18 Attention

Cherish's POV:

I threw my bag on the bed in anger. I wish my mother had taken my side but look at her... she always stood against me.

I returned to Riccardo's place. I sighed and sat on bed trying to cool my head down.

I cursed internally, "Ah! I hate it...."

I noticed the bathroom door opened, Riccardo walked out of there, like nothing much was going on. But what caught my eye was his hand, it was hanging in a Arm sling. He hurt his hand.

He was shirtless by the way, I was stunned but flashed by his very naked muscles... those abs....

God! Is he even human?

He looked at me walking to the closet, I heard him from inside, "Where you were?... took you long enough"

Why is he interrogating?

I said uninterested, "To my mother.... why you have a problem?"

Didn't he promised, not to sleep in this room from now on. I punished him right?

Riccardo walked in with a shirt his hand, he didn't said anything. Just tired to put it on, when he clearly struggled.

I heard him, "Don't worry.... I remember what I said to you earlier.... I won't be here.... I need to grab some of suff...."

He was still struggling to wear the shirt. I was getting annoyed by the struggle this man was doing. I noticed he hissed as he subconsciously tried to use his injured arm.

I got up walking to him, I said, "Stand still...."

I whispered, "You are childish..."

I helped him wear the shirt, but somehow we both were looking at each other's eyes the entire time. I whispered to him looking away, "You broke your arm?"

I was getting nervous by his gaze, his attractive eyes were taking me in daze.

Riccardo whispered, "It's not broken.... but surely hurt.... I will be fine in 2 weeks...."

I nod pulling the shirt down from his waist, covering rest of his body. I asked again out of concern, "You went to doctor?"

Riccardo said, "Yes...."

I said annoyed looking at his face, "You could have called maids for help?... why bother do these things when you can't to it?

He said, " I am not a weak man wife.... I don't want to be dependent on them for simple tasks.... besides I realized I have you now...."

I stepped away from him, He went to the shelf talking a book.

Riccardo asked, "Anything else wife?"

I was stunned the way he said those words, like he was flirting or he was on my mercy.

Riccardo said, "Then I won't disturb you.... sleep well..."

I saw him walk away, so he is really ready to be punished.

But his hand, I am quite worried for no reason.

Author's POV:

Riccardo sat on the sofa freeing his hand from the arm sling. He smirked moving his right hand as he pleased.

Indeed there was nothing wrong in it.

He was perfectly fine, but he just craved her presence and her attention. If this small lie will do the work, then why would he not do that.