Part 9

"Leave me alone" Donghyuck gasps.

"I would, but I have a deal to propose," Mark replies.

Donghyuck was strolling in the park; it's late, so there are only a few people around. Mark is walking a dog, easily identifiable as Jaemin's. Donghyuck isn't sure if Mark is genuinely there to walk the dog or if he's just looking for Donghyuck.

Donghyuck feels his heart race. Mark looks even more stunning up close. He's spent the past few days watching him from afar, always wondering what Mark might be hiding. Jeno keeps saying he's starting to look for apartments, finding it too difficult to live with Mark. Donghyuck wonder if Mark is really that difficult to live with ?

"Why do you want from me ?" Donghyuck says. "I don't want to hear anything from you and I certainly don't want to help you after what you did last time."

"I see right through your game," Mark says in a low, menacing tone. "I know exactly what you're up to and what you're hiding."

A drop of sweat trickles down Donghyuck's neck. The other man is frightening, advancing stealthily toward Donghyuck. The park is empty, and even if he tried to run, he's sure Mark would easily catch him.

And Mark knows where he lives. Donghyuck has seen threatening glares before, people who made his blood run cold with just a look. Mark's stare isn't at that level, but he still feels himself sweating, he doesn't feel safe here with the other men.

He senses that this guy is capable of many things; he reads in his eyes that he wouldn't hesitate to stab the younger one if he had to.

But he's also stressed about what Mark just said. How does he know what Donghyuck is hiding? Has he seen him go to Jayden's? Does he know about his involvement in illegal activities? He tries to hide his stress and expressions; the other shouldn't know he's touching a sensitive nerve.

"I'm not doing anything," Donghyuck replies. "I don't know what you're imagining,"

"My dear Donghyuck," Mark starts with a smile and a low, gritty voice.

Donghyuck clenches his fists at the nickname. He doesn't like the tone Mark is taking, the smile that's beginning to appear, his body finally just inches away. Mark's hand delicately rests on the younger one's neck.

At first, it seems like a gentle caress, but Mark still has that small smile on his face, a malicious smile that doesn't reassure Donghyuck at all. He feels his entire body tense at this action. He can't do anything; he doesn't know what to do. He feels a sense of anxiety grip him.

Mark tightens his grip around the younger one's neck, losing his smile. Donghyuck grips Mark's arm, clawing and pinching, suddenly realizing he might be in danger. His heart pounds in his chest.

But Mark quickly releases the pressure. He soothingly strokes the younger one's neck with his thumb, calming the appearing redness.

"You're sick," Donghyuck breathes.

"I've seen you wear revealing outfits on several occasions," Mark smiles, "you should close your curtains; everyone will end up knowing you're a prostitute."

Donghyuck doesn't know if he's reassured or offended that Mark thinks he's a prostitute. Then again, if Mark has really seen him wear certain clothes, he's not surprised he thinks that. At least he's relieved that Mark doesn't know the truth.

But how can he make Mark understand that he's not a prostitute without revealing the truth? He doesn't like the idea of Mark thinking he does those things.

"I was just going to a party," Donghyuck murmurs.

"A party?" Mark doesn't believe a word. "On a Monday? I'm not a fool. You're not a good liar dear"