Part 54

The next day arrives quickly, and everyone finds themselves at the beach. Chenle and Jisung have brought their deckchairs and three large umbrellas to protect everyone from the sun. They set them up quickly, well, the others help Jisung set up because he has some injuries that are bothering him.

Donghyuck has sent a message to everyone today, asking that they not be angry with him, that he will explain later what is going on with him and Mark. But that for now it was complicated, everyone let it be known that they did not understand why Donghyuck was seeing other men but said that they would give him a chance to explain later.

"It's hot," Renjun complains, "I can't take it anymore."

"I brought drinks if you want," Jisung answers, taking a cooler out of his car.

They all settle in comfortably, and then after a while they go off to play volleyball, finding a net already set up.

As if they had been friends forever, they shout at each other and laugh, making fun of their poor level. Mark and Jisung avoid moving too much. Finally, Jisung avoids moving too much, but Mark moves all over the place, making Jaemin scream, afraid that the wounds will open.

"It's cheating, I have Jisung and Renjun on my team!" Jeno complains, "They both don't know how to play, that's not fair !"

"No!" Chenle answers, "it's the draw that made the teams!"

"Give us a 4th member then," says Jisung, "it's not fair, especially with Renjun."

Renjun comes over and gives Jisung a little tap, making him laugh. The opposing team bursts out laughing seeing Renjun getting angry and letting his anger explode. Jaemin falls to the ground laughing at the scene of Renjun trying to be authoritarian and Jisung apologizing.

Donghyuck and Chenle hold on to each other, laughing and pointing at Renjun.

"Stop laughing," Renjun says, "and give someone."

"Chenle come on!" Jeno says.

"No, I'm staying with Hyuck," Chenle answers.

"No one can tear us apart," Donghyuck answers, squeezing Chenle against him."

Jisung comes over to try to pull Chenle out of Donghyuck's arms with Jeno's help. Mark watches them do it and just laughs at the scene, finding this moment surreal.

Jaemin walks over to Renjun's side, discreetly changing teams. Donghyuck notices out of the corner of his eye.

"Traitor!" He screams.

They resume the game after that.

Then they go play in the sea, Mark and Jeno fighting to try to put each other underwater. It's their way of fighting without violence so the others let them do it. Renjun, Chenle and Haechan have fun throwing water at Jisung who yells at them to stop. But in the end they see the other laughing so they continue.

Jaemin prefers to stay away from it and swims quietly further away trying to see fish. But the noise the others make scares away all the little fish he finds.

The day passes quickly like that. Eating together at lunchtime, then in the late afternoon they have a sandcastle competition.

Renjun and Jaemin have teamed up and keep bickering, making the others laugh.

"Jaemin, don't your arms want to be useful for something?!" Renjun gets impatient, "Apart from drawing in the sand you don't do anything, what are your muscles good for?!"

"Oh, Renjun is angry?" Jaemin smiles, "You do it so well all by yourself."

"Don't worry Renjun, Mark doesn't help me either," Donghyuck sighs.