Part 35

"What do you think?" Donghyuck asks.

Chenle and Jisung look doubtful at what Donghyuck has just said.

"So you finally admit you like Mark," Jisung says.

"That's not the point !" Donghyuck responds, blushing.

The other two laugh at Donghyuck's reaction. It's so obvious that he has a crush on Mark. But Chenle already suspected it after seeing the hickey on the other's neck.

"I just think Mark is lost," Chenle says simply. "He spent a lot of time with Jaemin, and we all know he loved him a lot. He just needs a little time."

"Yeah, and if he told you that, it means that deep down he's ready to talk about this kind of thing with you," Jisung continues.

Donghyuck sighs. He can imagine that Mark may still have feelings for Jaemin, but there's a difference between having feelings and doing certain actions.

Donghyuck looks at the ground. He doesn't know what to do. On one hand, he understands Mark, but on the other hand, he's hurt by the other's actions. If one day they get together, how can he trust him?

"I don't know," Donghyuck says simply. "I'm really wondering if he's the right person for me."

"You have nothing to lose by trying," Jisung says.

"I don't want to have my heart broken again," Donghyuck replies. "It's too painful."

Jisung makes a mental note to talk to Mark about Donghyuck. He really wants to know what the other thinks.

The two of them are suddenly curious. What does Donghyuck mean by "having his heart broken again"? As far back as they can remember, Donghyuck has never had a boyfriend here, only one-night stands. This is the first time Donghyuck has talked to them about someone who could potentially interest him.

They don't know if they can venture into the subject.

"Anyway, Mark is mad at me now," Donghyuck sighs. "He won't even train me anymore, and he's not answering any of my messages."

"It'll pass, don't worry," Chenle says. "Mark isn't the type to let go of the people he cares about. That's why it's going to be complicated with Jaemin. Don't forget that it hasn't been long since they technically broke up."

"I know, but what am I supposed to do?" Donghyuck impatiently asks. "I have to avoid saying things that will offend him. I have to let him kiss me even though he's also kissing Jaemin? What am I to him? Just a replacement ?"

Donghyuck sighs, looking at the message he sent Mark last night apologizing for the bracelet. The other saw it but didn't reply. He feels that he's still angry and doesn't know what to do.

At the same time, he receives a message from Jaemin. He doesn't necessarily want to see his name now.

Is it really a good idea to try something with his friend's ex? Donghyuck feels like it's just going to create awkward situations between them. He's starting to really hesitate and ask Mark to make things formal again between them.

He doesn't know if it's possible, but he wonders if it wouldn't be better for everyone.

"Chenle, why did you film me with Mark on the motorcycle?" Donghyuck suddenly asks. "And why did you send it to Jaemin? You knew very well that it was going to cause trouble between us."

"He didn't just send it to Jaemin," Jisung says.

"Jisung!"

Donghyuck's eyes widen. He feels like he's boiling inside. Why would his friend do that?!