Part 41

Donghyuck collapsed to the ground after hearing the first gunshot.

The training session with Mark had gone well, and he felt safe and protected by the other boy. Nothing could happen to him, but everything was different here. The gun in his hands was meant to kill someone, not just target a practice mannequin.

Mark watched Donghyuck crouch down on the ground, covering his ears, terrified by the gunshot.

He heard Sofia let out a sigh. He had worked with her a lot in the past few weeks, and she got along well with Donghyuck.

"Why did Jay bring him here ? He's terrified," Sofia said. "He's not meant for this."

"I told you, he wants to get rid of him," Mark replied.

Mark looked at Donghyuck, but he couldn't go get him right now. They had become separated as they advanced. Now Mark was on the right side with Sofia, and Donghyuck was on the left side with one of Jayden's guards.

Mark thought that they were lucky that Jayden couldn't make it. He had been delayed in another city longer than expected.

As a result, Mark was in charge, and the others had all agreed to tell Jayden that Donghyuck had done very well on the mission. That way, the other boy wouldn't get Jayden's wrath.

"We should just leave him in the truck," Sofia said.

"No, that's too dangerous. We can't leave him alone," Mark replied.

"Then find a way to get him to stand up ! If not, it'll be over soon," Sofia said.

Mark tried to focus, to keep his mind clear. Donghyuck was one of his top priorities right now. He saw the other guard trying to calm Donghyuck down. Mark glanced to see where the other members were. He could see that some of them were already about to infiltrate the building.

He signaled to Sofia to join another group. But as soon as he turned his head back to Donghyuck, the younger boy was gone, and the guard was lying on the ground, seemingly unconscious.

Where is Donghyuck?

Mark couldn't focus on anything else.

Where is Donghyuck?

He took advantage of a lull in the action to rush to the left side. Unfortunately, he felt something hot sink into his left leg, making him stumble to the ground. The pain was excruciating.

But he got up as quickly as possible, continuing on his way. Once he arrived, he looked down at his leg. He could see where the bullet had landed.

He had never been shot before. Why was he so slow today ? The pain wasn't that bad, he thought. His small dose of calming medication was probably helping a little. But it didn't stop the pain from being felt.

He pulled down his pants, hiding the wound. He came to check if the guard was still alive. Mark was relieved to see that he was just unconscious.

He looked around. Where was his Donghyuck ? A little further away, he finally saw the younger boy's gun on the ground. He walked forward and saw Donghyuck farther away, on the shoulder of a man who seemed to be taking him back to his base.

Mark felt a sense of déjà vu. He remembered how Renjun had been taken away from him by a man like the one he saw.

He felt his blood boil before he charged into the room where the man had gone. He entered the room ready to destroy the man who had taken Donghyuck away from him.

He felt the anger he hated welling up inside him. He was ready to tear the other man's hands off for daring touching his Donghyuck.

Opening the door, Mark was on edge, his arms shaking with anger, his whole body tense. But to his surprise, he saw the man on the ground and Donghyuck standing over him, subduing him.