Part 48

The week went by quietly, Mark spent a lot of time at Donghyuck's parents' house because he wanted to enjoy his parents before they left. Donghyuck is not yet sure if he will leave with them, in fact for now he sees himself more leaving for England with his friends and his boyfriend.

His family's departure is scheduled at the same time as Doyoung's, so they are in the process of packing up all their belongings and selling those they will not be able to take with them.

That is to say the majority of the furniture, Mark has a lot of strength and he apologizes for being injured because he cannot help them. He wanted to make a good impression, especially with the bad reputation he can have in the city.

But Donghyuck's parents seem to like him for now, letting them be together all the time and helping Mark to do certain things that he cannot do at the moment. His mother even cooks traditional Korean dishes to please Mark.

However, Mark hates something. Something that is blocking him in the relationship.

During the week, Donghyuck went to work and came back with swollen lips from kissing one of the clients. He had no choice, but it hurts Mark to imagine his boyfriend with someone else other than him doing couple things.

In fact, that night Mark is at home, waiting for Donghyuck to come back from his mission. Jeno is with Jisung, the other one ran away from home after being scared of his father. Jaehyun said he would come pick him up, but in the meantime he stays with Jeno playing games on his console.

They are trying to talk to each other again and Jeno wants to reassure Jisung that he is there and that everything is fine.

They even planned to spend an evening together that night. All 7 of them. Originally, they were only supposed to be 6, but since Jisung ran away they are 7. They don't know if it will go well, if they will start fighting again. But they know they all want to spend time together again, so they will make an effort.

They all have a meeting at Mark's house at 8pm, their parents have agreed to go out for the night and it is the only place where Mark can be after 9pm.

Mark hopes Donghyuck doesn't finish too late, he said he would be quick. He doesn't want to tell the others that Donghyuck is on a mission because he's afraid it will worry them and he especially doesn't want the others to know the details of what they are doing.

They all arrive one by one, leaving class or their revision. For the moment everything seems to be going well, even if everyone talks to the person with whom they have the most affinity.

Renjun talks to Mark, Jisung and Chenle talk together and Jeno and Jaemin play a game together. In the end, it was already like that before. This scene looks a lot like the moments they spent together 4 years ago.

"We should order sushi tonight!" says Chenle

"Yeah, that sounds good," replies Renjun.

"We already ate it yesterday with Mark and Donghyuck," Jeno grumbles.

The six of them debate for long minutes about what they should eat. Nothing has really changed, Mark thinks, well, maybe a few little things. He talks to Jeno more than before, but he doesn't have Jaemin in his arms anymore, Renjun and Chenle don't only speak Mandarin together anymore, but they use English. Jisung seems a little happier than he was in the past.

"By the way, when is Donghyuck coming?" asks Jisung.

The eyes turn to Mark, waiting for an answer. Mark doesn't want to say that he is on a mission with a probably dangerous man and that at this time of night he must either be kissing him or on his way back trying to hide as best as possible any sign indicating that he has had been with another man.