Part 15

Donghyuck is relieved to not see Mark today; he doesn't know if he could stand even a few minutes in his company. At least he has more time to spend with Chenle!

The two had planned to visit a nearby town, finishing school at noon on Fridays. Jisung didn't come because he had basketball practice in the afternoon. Chenle wanted to go to this other town because it's his mother's birthday on Sunday, and he wants to find her a nice gift.

He could have found it in their town, but Chenle found a beautiful handbag that is out of stock here. He reserved the bag in the neighboring town. But well, Canada is big; it takes them a good hour by train.

Chenle initially wanted to take one of his personal drivers, but he changed his mind at the last minute. Donghyuck would have preferred to go with Chenle' driver; he's not a fan of trains, and he doesn't know how he'll react to being near one.

But he doesn't want to bother Chenle, who wants to "experience normal life." Donghyuck laughed when the other said that. Jisung made a disgusted face; he hates taking the train ever since a guy sweated a bit too much next to him.

These two friends are kind and adorable, but they have always lived differently. Donghyuck doesn't blame them for being upset about such trivial things. He wonders if the two could handle doing what he did in Korea for more than an hour.

"Have you ever taken the train?" Donghyuck asks.

"Once, but it was in first class," Chenle says. "Kun would be proud of me if he knew I was taking the train like everyone else."

Donghyuck laughs again; he reaches out to pinch Chenle's cheeks, finding him adorable. Chenle laughs too, pushing him away, and they continue their discussion while waiting for the train.

But Chenle notices Donghyuck getting paler as the seconds pass. He swears he sees the other turning slightly green.

"Have you ever taken the train?" Chenle asks.

"No, never," Donghyuck replies.

"Hyuck, are you okay?"

Chenle starts to worry and gently caresses his friend's back. When the train arrives, passing right in front of them, Donghyuck crouches on the ground, blocking his ears with his hands. Chenle doesn't understand what's happening to him.

There aren't many people around at this hour. Chenle crouches down and calls Donghyuck's name a few times, trying to bring him back to reality.

But Donghyuck's eyes are wide open, and he's breathing heavily. Chenle is concerned; he quickly realizes that Donghyuck is having a panic attack.

"Everything's okay, Hyuck," Chenle says. "Breathe; I'm here."

He hears Donghyuck murmuring words in Korean that he can't understand. He wonders if Donghyuck can understand him if he speaks English during his panic attack. He doesn't think Donghyuck is listening.

Chenle starts to feel stressed; he doesn't like seeing his friend in this state. He has never seen him like this before. Sure, Donghyuck has panicked a bit at times; he has experienced so much that sometimes bad memories resurface.

But he has never seemed this distressed. Chenle trembles slightly, his mind goes blank, and he, too, begins to panic, seeing his friend like this. He doesn't know how to react anymore. He takes his phone, trembling.

He calls the first person that comes to mind.

"Chenle?" Jisung asks.

"Jisung, I'm scared," Chenle replies, his voice trembling.