Part 60

It's the last chapter, hope you have liked the story ! I'll continue to post new fanfic about Markhyuck/ NaHyuck !

-----------------------

Two days have passed since they woke up. Mark has spent the last two days speaking only Korean and having nightmares every time he tries to sleep.

Donghyuck has always known deep down that he is stronger psychologically than Mark. He has traumas that can make him weak, but he knows how to take it. Mark has been through things, he has no doubt about it, the bullying, the years spent with Jayden... But he hasn't been through anything as significant.

Donghyuck didn't even need to give Mark any tranquilizers, he doesn't have any anyway. Mark is so calm and seems so traumatized that he can't concentrate enough to get angry anymore.

But Donghyuck knows that when he arrives, he will resume his treatment because all the anger that he is not externalizing now will eventually come out sooner or later. But Donghyuck will be there for him. He will be there for him for as long as Mark wants him in his life.

He tries to talk to Mark, to take his mind off things, to tell him that they will see his family again and live the life they were waiting for without problems. Mark listens and answers sometimes, but more often he just hugs Donghyuck or buries himself in the other's arms as if he doesn't realize it's real.

The two of them decided to go out for some fresh air today. Donghyuck was able to stay calm, but as soon as Mark saw the color of the water and the movement of the waves, he ran off to lock himself in the cabin, panicking.

Donghyuck felt overwhelmed by the events and couldn't react. He watched Julia and Marie help him calm down. He felt like an idiot for not being able to help his boyfriend. Now they are sitting at the back of the boat and watching the water gather and create waves after the boat passes.

"You know Mark, I told you that one day I would tell you about Sungchan," Donghyuck finally whispers.

Donghyuck feels Mark's gaze come to rest on him. Mark seems curious about what he is going to say.

Donghyuck lets Mark come into his arms, resting his head on the back of Mark's neck.

"We're almost there, Mark," Donghyuck murmurs, "it will do you good to see your mother and the rest of your family."

"It would do you good too," Mark replies.

"We'll go see them during our vacation," Donghyuck replies, "just seeing you get better would help me."

Mark doesn't say anything to that. He knows he's not well. He feels like he's in the same state as after his accident or when a student pushed him down the stairs. He feels scared and lost.

"Okay, stop talking about me. Are you going to tell me about Sungchan?"

Donghyuck runs his hand through Mark's hair, breathing in the scent of cinnamon from the shampoo Mark just used.

"We've been together for a good year," Donghyuck says, "my parents didn't care that he was a man because he was someone I loved and he made me want to survive."

Mark pulls back from Donghyuck and comes to rest his eyes on the water again, just keeping his hand in the other's.

"His family didn't know," Donghyuck continues, "one day we were together and I think someone snitch us. A member of the military came knocking on our door. He lived in the village and was one of our friends. We didn't see him much anymore with his work, but we had spent a lot of time with him."