Part 16

"-You don't have to tell me what happened to you," Jeno said, "but stay here for a while until you feel better."

Donghyuck nodded and let Jeno come and stand behind him. Donghyuck leaned his back against his friend's chest and let out a sigh. He had never panicked so much before. He knew that some things had left him with very bad memories, but he didn't think it would affect him this much.

He calmed down a bit, leaning more into Jeno, trying to forget everything that had happened. He fell asleep when Jeno wrapped his arms around him; he felt safe. They stayed like that for a good hour, sleeping.

Donghyuck felt at least a little bit rested. When he opened his eyes and turned to see if Jeno was awake, the latter seemed to be just waking up.

"Thank you, Jeno," Donghyuck murmured. "I really need comfort sometimes."

"Don't you mean reassurance?" Jeno smiled.

"Oh, yeah."

They both let out a small laugh.

"I have to go talk to Jaemin," Donghyuck said. "I'll come back later to tell you what happened."

"Just before you go, Hyuck," Jeno asked, "Is there something going on between you and Mark?"

This question caught Donghyuck off guard. He didn't understand why Jeno would imagine such things. He started laughing. Him and Mark? Was Jeno losing his mind?

"What are you talking about?" Donghyuck laughed. "Mark hates me. Every time I see him, he mocks me. He was just being nice now because I was really not okay."

"Okay," Jeno replied, relieved. "I was wondering because I saw you talking to him the other day, and you seemed close."

"You must be imagining things," Donghyuck replied. "He's good-looking, but that's about it. I'm not a fan of his personality."

Jeno was reassured, but a part of him still had doubts. He went to get some other clothes for Donghyuck. Donghyuck quickly changed; Jeno's clothes were way too big for him. But they would do just for now until he talked to Jaemin. He was dreading his conversation with Jaemin. Last time, Jaemin was ready to hit him. He didn't think the other would go this far for Mark; he had underestimated his obsession.

He left Jeno's house, waving at the other. He sent a message to Chenle and Jisung to reassure them that he was feeling better. He apologized to Chenle in passing. He didn't look at the reply, seeing the familiar big white dog running towards him.

He crouched down and, as usual, stroked the dog's cheeks, a small smile forming on his face.

Donghyuck looked up and met Jaemin's gaze. At first, Jaemin seemed a bit cold and angry, but suddenly, his expression changed to one of concern.

"Are you okay?" Jaemin asked.

Donghyuck lowered his eyes to his phone, looked at his reflection, and saw his swollen and reddened eyes from crying. He also had large scratches on his neck, extending from his anxiety attack.

"I'm better," Donghyuck simply replied.

Jaemin could see that Donghyuck wasn't wearing his own clothes; everything was too big for him. He remembered the last time, wondering for a moment if those were Mark's clothes he was wearing.

"These are Jeno's clothes," Donghyuck answered, sensing Jaemin's gaze lingering on his clothes.

Jaemin seemed to relax a bit. Donghyuck stood up, and the two of them started walking. Just like last time, there was silence between them.