Part 31

The return was better than the going. Donghyuck again believes he is dreaming when he sees his brother, he still cannot believe that the other is really there and that it is not a simple illusion.

He stays a long time with his brother to show him photos of everything he did in New York and the different dishes he was able to eat during his trip. Doyoung takes advantage of this to talk to him about his girlfriend, Donghyuck is surprised to learn that his brother has found someone, the other had never really been interested in love before.

At the same time, there were too many things he had to worry about to think about that. Doyoung did a lot for Donghyuck's survival, he knows that without the other, he would have been gone more than once.

'Jaemin: Can we see each other?'

Donghyuck looks at his phone surprised, of course he wants to see Jaemin! It's been weeks since the two have been in conflict, he wants to find his friend again even though he still has in his throat everything that Jaemin has said and done. But he knows that Jaemin wants to change, that he is making an effort.

He trusts Jaemin and wants to believe in him, he tells himself that if he stays by his side, Jaemin will eventually get better and forget Mark completely.

Mark.

Donghyuck suddenly lowers his eyes. How can he go to see Jaemin with a big smile when he has kissed the other for hours this week when Jaemin could not know? How can he dare to look at Jaemin when Mark has devoured his neck, leaving a mark, while murmuring to him how beautiful he found Donghyuck and how much he loved his tanned skin?

He told Jaemin not to worry, but at the first opportunity he jumped on Mark. He is the worst friend Jaemin could have, he did not respect him and he tells himself that Jaemin's fears were totally justified. He was right in the end to accuse Donghyuck.

The latter remains several minutes to think about what to do, can he face Jaemin after the betrayal he has just committed towards the other? He does not feel like going to see him now. Even Jeno or Johnny, he does not feel like confronting them, he has kissed the person that the two have had a hard time appreciating and that they have told him to be wary of.

Jeno.

He remembers what Mark told him, that Jeno harassed him a lot and that he was the cause of his school bullying. Donghyuck finds that really lame on the part of Jeno, but at the same time the other was young and stupid, he must have been afraid that his family would give him less attention with the arrival of Jia and Mark.

Of course, this does not justify in any way what he did, but Donghyuck knows very well that when you are young, you are rarely aware of your actions and the harm you can cause. Then Jeno finally calmed down, and he understands that Mark felt angry with Jeno.

Should he really have taken it out physically and psychologically on Jeno? He does not know, he is not someone to judge their relationship. But he feels like he is taking sides by kissing Mark. He felt sorry for the other because he understood him.

Changing countries is hard, losing your friends is also hard, and learning a new language, while creating new benchmarks and trying to make friends is hard.

'Donghyuck: Okay, we can meet tomorrow 

Jaemin: In the afternoon!!!'

Donghyuck sighs and comes to put his phone down, Doyoung looks at him.

"You look depressed" said Doyoung 

"I kissed Mark," replied Donghyuck 

"Wait, didn't you tell me he was your friend's ex? "Asks Doyoung