Part 59

"They're dead!" Jaemin cries

 "Stop saying they're dead!" Jeno shouts back

Jaemin replies in tears "It's been more than 3 weeks! They said they would be here in 2 weeks, and if they weren't, they were dead. We haven't heard from them! Not a message! Not a sign of life!"

Jia, Jeno, and Renjun are all crying. They have no news of the other two boys and they are panicking. Jaemin is pessimistic by nature. He loves Mark and Donghyuck, but he has to face the truth: the two are no longer alive.

It hurts him that the others continue to hope for their return. It hurts him to see Renjun waiting all day in front of the door. It hurts him to see Jeno moping around, realizing that he never got to tell Mark how much he regrets everything that happened and that deep down he loves him like a brother.

Seeing the others hope makes him hope. He doesn't want to hope for nothing. But he is also in denial. He too looks at his phone every minute, waiting for a message from Donghyuck or Mark.

"We know, Jaemin, but it hurts. He's my best friend and he's probably dead in the middle of the ocean." Renjun says

 "I'm going to go to bed." Jia finally says

  "Mom, tell me if you really don't feel well. Me and Johnny are here for you." Jeno finaly says

Jia doesn't answer. She looks defeated. Jaemin sits down next to Renjun and puts his arm around him, wanting to reassure him.

"I'm going to stay here tonight. If you want to go home, I have to watch my mom. I'm afraid for her."Jeno says

"We can stay if you want. You shouldn't stay alone either. Where is your fiancée?" Jaemin says

 "She went shopping. Don't worry, she's here for me. You can go home." Jeno answers

Renjun and Jaemin feel sorry for Jeno. He has just lost his best friend and his older brother. His mother is in a terrible state and his father doesn't even leave the room, blaming himself. They all feel like it's their fault and that they could have prevented this.

Jeno's fiancée comes home a little later. She sees Jaemin and Renjun asleep and Jeno on his phone, looking depressed. She comes over and takes Jeno's hand before whispering to him.

"I think they'll eventually arrive. Mark has always found a way to get out of it." Say the girl

"-Julia! Julia! He opens his eyes!"

Donghyuck feels his head spinning. He looks at the girl in front of him screaming. He wants to tell her to shut up, his head hurts.

Suddenly he sees a second girl. He's cold. He feels a blanket on him and comes to wrap himself in it.

"Can you hear me?" Asks one of the women

Donghyuck opens his eyes again. Then he seems to realize all of a sudden. He sits up straight on the bed.

"Where is Mark?!" Shouts Donghyuck, "Where is Mark?!"

The two try to come and calm Donghyuck down. Forcing him to lie back down.

"Don't move too much, you have a lot of injuries" says the one who must be called Julia, "and your friend is in the next room, he's not awake yet but he's fine."

Donghyuck lets out a sigh of relief, he feels himself calming down. His hands are shaking, the emotional shock is too much. But he doesn't understand what he's doing there. He thought he was dead. He remembers perfectly holding Mark in the water and crying with the other.