Part 45

"I thought we were going to argue, but seeing the face you're making, I don't even feel like getting into a fight anymore."

Donghyuck let his legs dangle in the water. He was sitting at the edge of the pool, staring at the perfectly clean and clear water. He didn't even smile at the other's remark. Chenle came and sat down next to him.

"I didn't know you had also argued with Jisung," Donghyuck finally said. "He seemed really sad."

"Yeah, we really argued with Jisung," Chenle grimaced a little at the memory. "He never says what he's feeling, so he let it all out last week, and it was very hurtful."

Chenle came and opened an umbrella to protect himself and his legs from the sun. His parents would be furious if he got even a little too tan.

"Are you mad at him?" Donghyuck asked.

"I don't even know," Chenle answered honestly. "In the heat of the moment, yes, but not really anymore, I can't be mad at him."

Donghyuck nodded. That was already a good sign. He would tell Jisung to come talk to him.

"Why are you making that face?" Chenle asked. "No, you know what, I'm going to call Ji' so we can all explain ourselves and you can tell us what's wrong."

Donghyuck was surprised, but in the end, it was very Chenle-like to do something like that. He heard the other talking to Chenle, whispering "come on," "hurry up," and "I'll call you a taxi."

"He's coming," Chenle finally said.

While waiting, the two served themselves drinks and quickly talked about their classes, not understanding certain questions for their exams. Finally, Jisung arrived a few minutes later. He only had his swimsuit and a T-shirt on.

"You're only coming for the pool!" Chenle said.

"Why would I come for anything else?" Jisung retorted with a small smile.

It made Donghyuck smile to see the other two acting like that. Jisung was still limping a little. He had a cast on his ankle. Chenle noticed it and send a small, concerned look in Jisung's direction.

"That's what you think," Jisung replied.

"What an asshole," Chenle muttered.

Jisung came and took one of the floats and sat down on it, going to one of the corners in the shade of the pool.

"I don't understand why my parents never installed a pool," Jisung murmured.

"Because your father, even though he's rich, is cheap on a lot of things," Donghyuck said.

"That's true," Jisung said.

In the end, the three talked about their arguments, and Chenle apologized for what he had done and said. He realized that he shouldn't have, and that it was totally stupid. He told the other two that he would understand if they didn't want to forgive him.

But the two replied that it was already forgotten, but that he had better not do that kind of thing again.

"By the way, I'm with Mark," Donghyuck finally said. "We start dating today."

The other two opened their mouths wide, and Donghyuck blushed after that.

"You should have told him to come!" Chenle said. "But that doesn't surprise me. You were so close in New York."

"Did you tell Jaemin?" Jisung asked.

Donghyuck had a slight blush, reminiscing about New York when he and Mark had kissed for what felt like an eternity. It was true that their closeness at that moment wasn't discreet.