chapter 24

Joshua

I walk with the officer to the other room where they will be releasing Scarlett.

I woke up to an empty bed, empty room and a phone call. From the police station. An obsessed fan came at Scarlett with a gun and...that is all I heard from the call.

I could hear anything else or think of anything else. I was out of the door, in my car rushing to the police station. I thought something happened to her. I felt...scared. I felt like I was having a goddamn heart attack.

But then I thought about it and told myself if something had happened to her, she would've been in the hospital. Not the police station. I kept racking my brian why he'd be at a police station and the only outcome I got was Scarlett killed the fan. She is capable of killing and I believe she is that crazy.

Apparently both times I was wrong. Scarlett is okay, the fan is alive. They only needed a statement from her and Scarlett was the one who called the police.

They said Clair held a gun to Scarlett. Scarlett neutralized the threat and it was self defense.

I enter the room and watch Scarlett take her things. She looks...drained, and the suit is all cut up.

My eyes land on the scratch coming out of her collar on her neck. My eyes darken and I could feel the anger bubble in me.

"You should see the other gal." She's trying to be funny but it doesn't suit her. Not now, at least.

I look at the officer and ask, "Where is she?"

"Sh-"

"No." Scarlett cuts the officer off.

"What?"

"You won't talk to her. She is sick, she wants your attention. Do not give it to her. Just...let us go."

I stare into her weary eyes and truly see how she is feeling. She is slightly shivering and her knuckles are white. She's scared and tired.

I sigh and nod.

We get out of the station and head for my car.

I drive while Scarlett rests her head against the window. We sit in complete silence but when I miss the exit to the highway to her house she finally speaks to me.

"You missed my house."

"I know."

"Go back."

"No."

"Go. Back." She's trying to keep her voice firm and strong but I hear the exhaustion in them.

"No."

She turns her whole body to me and leans forward until her face is inches near mine.

"Hawks. Do not test me tonight."

"Sit back down." I need her to let me drive. If she keeps staying this close I will kill us both

"No." She drops her head on my neck and breathes me in. Fuck!

Her tongue comes out and she licks my neck from base to my jawline. "Mhmm." She moans. Fuck, my dick is already a goner.

"Scar-"

"Shh..." She puts a finger over my mouth and I want to bite it off.

She is aggravating, and tiring. She can't ever just be normal. She has to be the reason for all my troubles and apparently the cause of my death tonight.

She slides her finger down my lips, my neck, my chest and my stomach. She leaves a trail of hell fire on every inch of my body she has touched.

"Keep your hands on the steering wheel Joshua. And your eyes on the road."