Epilogue

Joshua

"Move your ass out of the door." My tone hardens.

"Fine, fine." Scarlett leaves her pen and takes off her coat. "If something happened to one of my patients and I am not here because of you, I will kill you."

"I know. Now, please move!"

She smiles her cheeky smile and gets out of her office.

Scarlett now has a cheeky smile. She stole it from me.

Two years ago I married this woman, the day after I proposed in the rink. I couldn't wait. I was already gonna be on the road and I wanted to be married to her before I did. I married her in front of our friends and family. I flew out her dad and Addie's mom, who have no shame and gave us the best show of traumatizing PDA. I married Scarlett Moore, and it was the best decision of my life. Now, the decision of living everyday with her, raising JJ, loving her, truly is the best decision of my life.

"I have to stop one stop to check on one last patient, okay?" She gives me her pleading eyes.

"Fine."

Scarlett has become one of the best Pediatric surgeons in the whole world. I am so proud of her. She works hard, but she never lets her work pull her away from me and JJ. As chief of peds now, she gets to help as many children with all the new resources and surgeons she got these past 2 years. I am so proud of the chief she has become and the mom she is to our JJ.

I should let her save lives and not keep her away from the hospital this much, but I never said I was a saint.

Scarlett and JJ have grown closer and closer every day. Everyday I wake up with a grateful smile on my face because I know the woman that I love most is not even waking up in my arms, she is already in the other room putting some makeup on our child hoping I won't recognize it. I know Scarlett is looking at JJ with all the love and pride she would have given Emerson. I know that Scarlett is at peace and happy here. I know that she forgave herself and will always be a mother to Emerson as much as she is to JJ.

I know that I love this woman so much as my wife and mother of my child, that I will never let her feel like she did all these years before us. I will do everything in my power to give Scarlett the love and life she deserves. And that was exactly what I promised her in our vows. After I called her a witch that I almost drowned.

Don't worry we did two vows, one was private and very...intimate.

Today is our anniversary and I got her tickets to Paris.

Finally, I found a month she is not too busy in and made all the preparations.

She enters the nursery and starts checking on a baby boy.

"Hello, there." She's beautiful. I look at her and I am in awe. I always enjoy her interactions with all her patients, but babies are my favorite.

I still can't believe she loves me like I love her. She wakes up everyday and sleeps everynight in my arms whispering I love you to me. She gets up before me and races to JJ to tell her just the same. I love her. I love our family.

We still banter and it always ends up with sex, which is the best part of my day. I might never understand the fire between us, the burning hate that led us to this, but I know I will forever hate and love Scarlett Moore. With us, it is both.

"Whose the little guy?" I whisper.

"We don't know." a sad smile appears on her face.

"What?"

She looks at me, "Most of them in this room are going into the system. I hope good families take them." She looks back down at the little cute kid.

"Oh." pain stabs at my chest. All of these?

I look down at the cute baby she is holding, "Is he in the system yet?"

"No." She has no idea where I am taking this...good.

"JJ always wanted a brother."

She stops her soft movements and looks at me, "What are you saying?"

"You know what I am saying." I grin at her.

"Darling, we can not-"

"Why?"

She opens her mouth, but no words come out.

I smile at her and look into those pretty green eyes, "We'll call him Emerson."

She smiles up at me, tears filling her eyes. "Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"It is-"

"Yes."

"We will-"

"Red, shut up and let me kiss you."

I take her mouth in mine and kiss her a swoon worthy kiss. She sighs into my mouth and smiles at me, "A baby boy."

"Baby boy Emerson." I smile brightly down at both of them, with happiness filling my already joyful heart.

"Baby boy Emerson?" Happy tears gather on the rim of her eyes as she looks up at me with surprise.

"Yes, sweetheart. You are having our boy."

We laugh and look down at our future son.

I love our family. I love Scarlett Moore-Hawks.

I will forever love her and our kids. Joey Hawks- Moore. Emerson Hawks-Moore. They are a mouthful, and I love it.

I am happy, all because I hated Scarlett Moore. 

All because it started with a lie. A lie to my own daughter, everyone we know and even to myself.

All because Scarlett Moore is the love of my life and I'm never letting her go.

                                                                                           THE END