Chapter 34

Joshua

"I am happy we finally did this." Aaron and I haven't gone out in ages. I loved catching up with him tonight. We had a few beers, talked about everything that is not the two doctors in our lives because tonight should be guys night. We laughed about our sappiness when every conversation we opened ended up with him saying I miss addie or me saying I hate Scarlett, which we both knew was a lie. Well...maybe.

"Yeah, yeah. I know I have been busy..."

"Sleeping with Addie on any flat surface."

"We finished those, we are trying over...challenging surfaces." Gross. I fake hurl and he gives me the middle finger.

We laugh and he asks, "What about you and your fiancé?"

I roll my eyes at him and say, "What about her?"

"Are you finally fucking?" Aaron and his filthy mouth. He has no filter.

"No. And it is not any of your business. And what do you mean by "finally", asshole?"

He laughs louding which makes me think I'm hallucinating but I remember this is Addie's effect on him. "Relax, Joshy." I hate that nickname only he uses, "I'm just messing with you. I just thought there was something there other than hate, you know...at your birthday."

Aaron, please don't remind me of that night. Her mouth was perfect for my cock. She swallowed everything I gave her and the fire lit in her green eyes. Forests on fire.

The smoke that rushed out of her ears from how angry she was. I knew she was angry from how good I tasted. From how good I fucked her mouth. She loved it. I saw it.

"Joshua?? Are you even listening to me?"

I snap back and before I get to answer him my phone rings.

I pick it up and get surprised, are they done already?

"Hey, little sweetheart. How is your day with mommy? Are you having fun?"

"Mommy left." JJ's sad tone pierces my heart. What the hell does she mean b y left?

"Where are you?" I try to keep my tone neutral for JJ.

"With Addie." Oh. I take a breath and nod to an alarmed Aaron. "Then where is mommy?"

"She said she had to go do something and told me I should call you when I get inside the house." She dropped her off? She did not even get her inside. She just left her when we had a deal to spend the whole day with JJ. I will fuckking kill her. 'Make my daughter happy' my ass. She broke the fucking deal.

"Daddy, don't be mad. Mommy looked sad." Fuck. I take a deep breath and try to relax my voice.

"I am not, little sweetheart." I sigh. "I will come get you."

"Will you see mommy first? Please?"

I run my hand down my face and agree. "Okay, JJ. Let Addie fix you something if I get there late."

"Mommy got me so much food before she left.And ice cream, daddy!" She did? What the hell happened? Did she have surgery, did the hospital have an emergency or something? I don't understand why she would throw my kid like this when she kept telling me I should bring her early and leave her for a sleepover too. JJ begged me.

"Okay, little sweetheart. I will go now, okay. I love you."

"Love you too daddy, bye."

I end the call and look at Aaron. His stone cold face is back one, but I can see the worry in his eyes.