How it began

Y/N was walking back and waved to her friends goodbye as they parted ways. It was pretty late and Y/N was feeling tired with all the homework from Arcadia Oaks Academy. She needs proper rest and energy so she can finish them before the due date ends.

Seeing her home from a close distance made her sigh in relief. She pulled her keys out from her bag and got the right key putting it in the keyhole and unlocked the door. She opened it and stepped forward inside and suddenly, something roared in the forest.

"Woah!" Y/N exclaimed, grabbing onto her door handle. She looked over to her right, where it leads to a forest. Out of curiosity, she decided to go check it out because she wanted to know what made that sound so she could call the police or anime control. Y/N dug through her bag and took out a pepper spray just in case.

Stalking further into the forest, with the pepper spray ready in hand. She could hear some sort of fight in the distance and was getting closer and closer. Pushing some tree leaves out of the way, her eyes did not deceive her eyes.

Giant creatures fighting against one another but what's strange is that one of them is in some sort of armor while the other is a dark-looking one... Just looks scary. They had large swords and were clashing against one another.

"Just give it up!", yelled the dark creature, swinging its sword down on the armored one. He blocked it and growled at him. "I will not yield, no matter how many times you knock me down! Or any of the troll hunters!", the armored creature yelled back. Be pushed him back and swung his bright sword at him and both continued on and on.

Y/N just sat behind the bush and watched this go on, calling the police or the animal control slipped her mind as she watched the battle go on forth. As they continued to fight the dark one noticed her hiding, and that's when she knew she was screwed. He smirked and looked straight in the eye of his enemy.

"Let's see if you are capable of protecting this human world!", he exclaimed pushing him off and running towards her. Y/N's eyes widened and the creature stopped in front of her, appeared in front of her so fast, and raised his sword at her. The armored one exclaimed in surprise and ran towards her to get her out of the way but with some injuries he obtained he couldn't get there faster.

Y/N's eyes narrowed and took her pepper stray in the open and sprayed at the creature's eyes. His eyes widened and cried out in pain, dropped his w,eapon on the ground, and grabbed his face to try and wipe off what she sprayed at him. The armored one got to her quickly grabbed her and ran away from the scene while his enemy was blinded.

Y/N looked over his shoulder and the dark creature was soon out of her view. She looked back at the one carrying her seeing some bruises on his face. 'What are you..?' she thought with fascination on her face.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Once they were far enough, the creature let her down. Y/N looked at him with still fascination written on her face. "What... are you?", she decided to ask this question. He looked at her and then back at the ground. He sat on the fresh grass, leaning against the tree, exhaustion written on his face. "My is Kanjigar. I am a TrollHunter," replied Kanjigar. Y/N's eyes widened at this. There were trolls?! "A troll... hunter?" she repeated the word and slowly asked him a question.

"You're a troll?... And yet you fight against another troll?" Kanjigar only chuckled as he began his tale. Why he and that troll, he was fighting, Bular, the son of Gunmar, and tried to keep a balance with her world and theirs. They were living underneath her town, because there happens to be a giant crystal, called a Heartstone that gives life to the trolls. And they stay in the shade to keep them from turning into stone. And now that she has seen them, he revealed to her his kind and adventures.

"Wow! That must be hard. Taking all this for yourself." Y/N felt sorry for him but he shook it off. "Someday, I will depart from this world. And hopefully, the amulet will find another holder, who will end the reign of Gunmar." Kanjigar leaned his head back and looked at the twilight sky with an orange haze slowly showing. Y/N looked at her phone to see it was 4:37 AM. Damn she she was up so late.

"You'll need to get back soon. The sun is beginning to rise. You should go home." Y/N got up and Kanjigar also followed her action but grunted a little. Y/N placed her hand on his arm. "Why don't I help you get back?" Kanjigar smiled at her and appreciated the help but he told her he couldn't go back. "Take this. Go to the canal, draw a tunnel, and press your hand against it. It will show you trollmarket."

Y/N looked at the glowing amber in her hand that was shaped like a torch and nodded at Kanjigar. "Shall I ever fall, I entrust you to bring the news to my people. And my son." Kanjigar placed a hand on her shoulder. "Even though we just met, I'm surprised you can trust me." Kanjigar only chuckled and patted her back. "You seem to be a smart lady. You saved my life this time. And I hope you will keep our secret." Y/N smirked putting the Horngazel in her bag and pressed her fingers together and made a zip motion. "No worries my lips are sealed."

Kanjigar nodded and left to go treat his injuries and getting ready for another battle. Y/N watched as he left and once he was out of sight she ran back home.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Rushing inside her home, grabbing the keys she got into her car started it up, and drove to the canals. Driving through the sunrise was a new one for her. Despite her feeling drowsy, she needs to go to trollmarket.

Arriving at the canals, she parked her car and left. Slowly sliding down, and safely coming down she walked underneath the bridge and looked around her. She looked to her right side and took her Horngazel out, remembering his words she drew a tunnel-shaped, well more specifically a circle and pressed her hand against it. The glowed blue and cracks appeared and slowly it made an entrance. "Wow... This is sick." Y/N gasped. Y/N walked through and the door closed behind her. She looked at it to see it was only a plain rock wall.

Y/N looked around it was quite dark. She took out her phone and turned on her flashlight. Walking forward she stepped on something that made a clinking sound she looked down to see that a stone, more of a crystal, glowed blue illuminating herself as she gaped at it. And slowly the rest glowed around and was leading her towards trollmarket.

Walking down the long staircase of crystal, there was a soft amber glow coming from the entrance. Once she stepped through she was in a state of shock. There were trolls everywhere even little Gnomes, that she was warned about. She then heard a horrified gasp. She looked over to see a troll pointing at her in fear.

"A HUMAN! IN TROLLMARKET!", she exclaimed. Y/N's eyes widened and looked around her to see that all eyes were on her. "Um, hi?" she slightly waved and all the trolls were marching towards her, making her feel scared as they cried and yelled at her. "What is going on here?" A voice echoed in the market and all trolls stopped their tantrums and moved away as an elder troll walked towards the chaos.

"What is going on here?" The troll asked looking at his kind for an answer. "Vendel! A fleshbag has somehow found our hideout!" one of the trolls pointed at her. "Um, actually I..." she started to speak but was caught off. "A human? In trollmarket? How did you find this place." Y/N sighed and held out her Horngazel and all the trolls gasped again. "Kanjigar has led me here." Vendel looked at the girl in question until a voice roared out. "What?!" She looked over to see a blue troll walking towards her.

"Why would my father entrust a fleshbag like you?" Oh my god... It was Kanjigar's son, Draal. "Um, he entrusted me with this and your secret because I saved him from Bular. All the trolls gasped at this again. Could they ever stop? "You..  saved my father? How did you save him?" Y/N looked away as Draal pursued with his questions. But was stopped by Vendal. "Draal, your father is a smart troll. There is probably a reason why he entrusted this to her. Vendel turned to her making her swallow her saliva. "Follow me. I wish to know more about this."

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*