Deep in the history books and self doubts

Y/N's eyes groggily opened her eyes. The sunlight shining through her window binders above her head. She sat up and stretched her arms up and cracked some bones and shook herself. Getting out of bed she looked around to see it was empty, no Douxie.

She watched to the guest room and slowly opened the door to see Douxie sleeping and looking very tired and beat up. Archie slept by his legs snoozing away. Y/N smiled and closed the door heading to the kitchen.

Y/N cooked her classic breakfast. She only did simple flipping the pancakes and such. Putting it on the plate and placing a cylinder lid around it so that no bugs can ruin it. Going to her room and quickly changing her clothes, getting her bag.

Once again, not going to school. She decided to go to Douxie's bookstore. His bookstore, where he works at, might have something about Camelot and hopefully any details about trolls.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Parking her car on the side of the road in front of the bookstore. Getting out of her vehicle and walked towards the closed store, unlocked the locks with a spare key, Douxie gave her, and entered inside. Looking around it is still amazing how good the interior is. It looks like something from the 90s. She then started to look through the shelves.

And there were some histories that she knew but none had any intel of trolls or any other magical creatures other than dragons and mythical creatures. "Well... There's clearly nothing on anything about trolls." Y/N closed the book she was holding.

Placing it back in its place on the dusty shelves with the other books as they sadly sat there. Turning away and looked through others. Looking through another bookshelf she looked over at the top skimming through the titles on the side, not noticing her necklace softly glowed. Trying to reach for a book, the necklace soon glowed brightly making Y/N look down and gasp softly.

Touching her glowing necklace and examining it she heard a loud thud upstairs. "What the..." Y/N softly gasped. Y/N walked upstairs slowly and looked around until she spotted a book lying abandoned on the floor.

Picking it up and looked at the cover. "'Camelot?'", Y/N read the cover of the book with fancy big letters and the pretty drawings on it. The cover was filled with creatures and wizards. Y/N only stared at the book with interest. She looked down at her necklace, which stopped glowing but she could see a faint glow in the center.

"Yeah... Douxie you have to explain where you got this. But I'll spare you the trouble and find out who you really are.", there were a few times that Y/N wondered who Douxie really was, he felt so mysterious. Taking the book with her and paying it by herself at the register. Leaving the store getting in her car.

She drove away and decided to visit Trollmarket and show Vendel the book. Wondering if this century really holds such history, but then again in her history class, Camelot's history is probably different from the troll's history at their time. But before that, she texted Douxie that she'll probably arrive back home late.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Arriving at Trollmarket, and made sure nobody was looking around, just in case you never know who could be watching. Greeting some trolls on the way to Vendel's office.

"Hello Vendel.", Y/N greeted the old troll. Vendel turned to the girl and smiled and greeted her warmly. "Hello, Y/N, dear. How are you?" Y/N smiled brightly and placed the book on his stone table filled with potions, minerals, and other things. "I'm fine. I just came by to ask you about this book, I happened to 'find' this book at a friend's bookstore they work at, and wanted to ask you about it." She gestured to the book placed on the table.