Timing is Everything and a mix of D'aja Vu

"Uh-huh. Yeah, coach, I got it. I'll be there tomorrow morning, early as you said. Yep, bye." Y/N pressed the end call button and placed her phone on her bedside table, plugging in her phone charger and letting her phone rest. She walked out of her room and went to the table, where dinner prepared by Douxie was waiting. Archie and F/N had already started eating their share.

Y/N and Douxie sat across from each other and ate their portions. "Hmm, your cooking is amazing as always, Douxie." Douxie chuckled and thanked her for the compliment, "You're not so bad yourself, Y/N." Y/N smiled and changed the topic, related to their meal, "Are you sure you want to have our date on Friday?" Douxie nodded and put his fork down, grabbing his glass of water, "No worries, love. I'll only serve a few tables at night, and Theodore will take over my shift. Besides, your favorite special will be on the menu."

Y/N smiled and nodded. They had planned their date to be on Friday. Their schedules were a bit tight, but they could relax a little, and this Friday was a chill day. Y/N sighed a little as she cut her steak, "I'll be up really early tomorrow." Douxie hummed, encouraging her to go on, "I have to help Coach Laurence from Arcadia High with four students who will be getting their driver's licenses tomorrow. He even bought a brand new car for it, with a legit sign that says, 'Driver's Education'."

She took a bite out of her steak, and Douxie rubbed his mouth with a napkin. "Why does he need your help?" Y/N shrugged and swallowed her food. "He wants me to help him because I'm one of the students who can actually learn and follow it right. Apparently, he couldn't trust the others much." Douxie hummed, stood up, and picked up their plates, taking them to the sink. "Well, I'll clean up for tonight. You go to sleep early." Y/N smiled gratefully at Douxie and stood up. "Thank you, Douxie. Good night, guys."

They said their goodnights, and Y/N quickly went to brush her teeth before dropping onto her bed. "Haaa, I hope tomorrow will be a good day after that bug infestation."

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Y/N yawned a little as Coach Lawrence gave out steps on how to drive. The students he was teaching were Aja, Krel, Eli, and Shannon. Eli had his Creeper Slayers helmet and replaced his glasses with sunglasses (probably to make himself look cooler). Aja and Krel were surprised to see her a bit earlier until she explained why. And of course, of all places to learn to drive is the canyon.

As Coach Laurence was about to continue with step three, Krel ran to the front of the car, opening the hood until Coach Laurence slammed it shut, almost cutting his arm off as he reached inside. "Don't touch, Tarron. This baby's brand-spanking-new, and I don't wanna see a scratch on her." Coach Laurence pulled out a napkin, cleaned it, and slammed a bird away that was about to land on it with his clipboard. R.I.P to the bird.

"The only piece of equipment you'll need to concern yourself with," Coach Laurence continued, walking back to Y/N, "is the one that's gonna keep you alive." A seat belt magically appeared out of nowhere, and he started doing nunchuck moves with it. "Seat belts," he said as he looked back at the clipboard. "Who writes this stuff, anyway? Fourth step..."

As Coach continued giving out instructions, Y/N felt F/N rustle in her jacket pocket. She turned around and pulled out her phone, pretending she was texting someone, and whispered to her friend, "What is it, bud?" F/N peeked his head out and then turned it back. Y/N looked over her shoulder but couldn't figure out what. "Look, buddy, whatever it is you're concerned about, I don't see it. At least not yet. Stay low for now."

F/N went back inside and turned to face the group, "Trust me, it takes a while to come off your record. Remember, no left turns." Everyone was already by the driver's side of the car, with Y/N and Coach Laurence on the right side. "I'm trying to live long enough to make tenure," he said as he dug into his pocket and threw his keys towards Aja and Eli. "Put me in, Coach!" Eli begged, trying to grab the keys, but Aja caught them instead, probably because of their height difference.