Welcome to the Darklands

Y/N stood with F/N on her shoulder, Claire, Toby, and Blinky at the canal, late at night. Y/N was caught up in their failed mission. They had struck a deal with a man named Otto, who is a changeling polymorph. A changeling who can change into anything. And he got them fooled, alright.

Blinky held Vendel's staff, its glowing ember lighting their spot. "Dealing business with these vile agents... I dearly hope we are doing the right thing." Y/N nodded, Claire and Toby stood by each of their side. Claire stood beside Blinky's left and Toby stood on Y/N's right. "Anything to get Aaarrrgghh!!! back." 

Claire and Y/N looked at Toby as he spoke with determination. Then they saw six bright lights from cars, "Brace yourselves." Y/N said she crossed her arms. F/N growled at the incoming cars. "Looks like the creep patrol is here." Claire glared at the incoming vehicles. The vehicles stopped inches away from them. Toby placed a hand on Y/N's shoulder. 

"Follow my lead. I've seen enough spy flicks to know how a handoff works. It's a precise ritual of nuance and power." A man, well a changeling, stepped out, he wore a detective coat and brim hat, 'Wow, that's not suspicious at all.' Y/N thought. The changeling walked towards them, with an excited look when he laid eyes on the Heartstone staff, Toby raised his hand at him, "Not another step, wiener schnitzel! That's far enough!"

Wiener schnitzel stopped where he was, and he was quite a bit far, "Now, throw us the antidote, and we'll throw you the staff!" Y/N wanted to face-palm as she raised a brow at Toby and Otto spoke her mind, "Are you serious?" 

"Deadly," Toby said. Otto then started throwing the antidote and everyone kept a straight and serious look despite the ridiculous attempt. Claire looked at Toby with a small whisper, "Now what, Agent Toby?"

"As much as it is fun watching his attempts, we need another approach." Toby looked away and turned back to Otto. "Um, okay, fine! Let's meet in the middle, but no funny business! Hands where I can see 'em!" Otto sighed in relief and all five walked in the middle, he waved the paper at them, "Enough theatrics. Do the exchange now!" At the same time, Otto handed the antidote to Toby and Blinky handed the staff to Otto. They had a little tug of war, "Would you let go?" Then all three released their grip. "Yes. This will do quite nicely."

Otto examined the staff with a smile that Y/N wanted to punch so badly.  The Trollhunters group surrounded Toby as he read the paper "'Twig of Worm's Root, ounce of silver...' This isn't an antidote! It's a shopping list!" The group glared at the changeling as he walked away to his car. "It is the ingredients to the antidote. Boil these in oil until it burns, and that will bring your friend back. Pleasure doing business with you."

He tried to open the door but couldn't, Y/N let out a small laugh as he was locked out. His door reopened and he got in and said his goodbyes. "Auf Wiedersehen!" The three cars drove away, leaving the four in the dark. "We did the right thing. Right, guys?" Claire asked, looking at her friends. 

"Desperate time, desperate measures. Now, we must concern ourselves with some shopping. Hmm..." Blinky took the list and looked at the rest of the recipes. "Where might we find the tears of one untouched by love's first kiss?" The three smiled and looked at Toby, who looked offended. "What? I've been kissed. Many times."

Y/N placed a hand on his shoulder, "Your nana doesn't count." Toby dropped his shoulder. "Oh." Y/N laughed and clapped her hands, "All right, spread out for the ingredients." Y/N took the list and asked Claire for a light. She turned on her flashlight from her phone pointing it at the paper and Y/N took the picture. She sent it to everyone. "We'll each look for the ingredients and meet at Trollmarket, at the Hero's Forge. Blinky get Draal move Aaarrrgghh!!! and to prepare a pot."

Everyone nodded and all split up for the ingredients. 

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-