A Little bit of a Magic Trick

Y/N and Draal stood waiting in the Hero's forge for Jim to finish his training with the Master of Trollhunters. The Trollhunter appeared before and Draal called out to him, "Jim, did you see my father?" The armor began to glow as well as the amulet before the armor disappeared and the amulet reappeared in Jim's hand.

"I did." Jim walks away with his eyes closed and his heart falling in a bit of sadness. "Did he speak of me?" Draal asked hesitantly. "Yeah. He wished the Soothscryer could let you in, but, you know, the rules are the rules."

Draal sighed and looked down. "It's all right, Trollhunter. You don't have to lie to protect my feelings." Y/N placed her hand on his arm. "Draal, I'm sure inside his heart, he wanted nothing more to see you again." Draal looked at Y/N and nodded with a slight smile showing. Jim smiled at this before he spoke with a bit of sadness. "He said we can't kill Gunmar. I would only be leading my friends to their death." Jim looked away.

"Too bad. I was looking forward to proving him wrong." Jim and Y/N lightly chuckled. "So was I." Aaarrrgghh!!! came stomping in, his breaths were heavy. "Aaarrrgghh!!!, what's wrong?" He looked at them and only said one word. "Blinky."

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

In the library, Claire and Toby had been playing with the books while Blinky paced the floor, talking to himself. "But if I consult Gringold's Grimore, cross-reference it with Axle's Forbidden Almanac, of course, it's there! It's true!" Blinky laughed madly as Y/N, Aaarrrgghh!!!, and Jim stepped in. "How long's he been like this?" Jim wondered.

"Long time." Y/N looked at Aaarrgghh!!! with a raised brow. "Define 'Long time'" Y/N questioned him. "Maybe you should switch to decaf." As Jim finished his sentence, Blinky appeared up close to Jim, startling him. "According to legend, only one scholar, the Dishonorable Bodus, uncovered a method of wounding Gunmar." Jim was confused.  "The Trollhunters just told me there wasn't anyway. How do you do it?""

No one knows." Blinky walked backward to the table, continuing to pace. "Gunmar had Bodus and his students hunted down and dispatched in a most unpleasant manner." Everyone stood and walked towards the table, Blinky walked behind and showed the book that would help them, "But here, this book, The Final Testament of Bodus This is the last surviving copy of his work! This is the key! And I'm going to burn it."

 His face went from excitement to serious in a second, shocking everyone. The team gasped as Aaarrrgghh!!! quickly pitched in. "Long time." Blinky set the book on the table, quickly creating sparks between two stones and lighting the book on fire in an instant. "Blinky, no! What are you doing? That book might tell us the--" Blinky stopped Jim from moving any farther.

"Bodus was being hunted! He knew he had to keep it secret!" Toby tried to spill water on it but it didn't get very far, then Aaarrrgghh!!! tried to blow it out but it built the fire higher. "Okay, no need for that, buddy." Y/N patted the big brute. "Burn, baby, burn!"

"No, don't!" Claire yelled out, throwing a blanket over it and taking out the flames, the book was now a pile of ashes lying on the table. "Did Blinky just destroy our only chance at getting Gunmar?" Walking towards the ashes that once was a book. "Or my baby brother!"

"You don't understand. Bodus hid the secret within the book. Watch." He blew the ashes off with his breath, the ashes flying and revealing a secret message on the table, the words written in troll and slowly cooling down. "It's a message." Everyone surrounded the message written in troll and shaped like one too. "Aha! I am so glad that worked." Y/N raised a suspicious brow at him.

"Are you telling me you didn't count on it to work in the first place?" She said to herself more likely, Jim walked up to them, standing between Blinky and Claire. "What does it say?" Blinky then started reading the message. "In darkest tide, when Daylight darest wane. The Myrddin Wylt obscured a Shadow's bane."