The Battle of Two Bridges

Y/N tapped nervously on her cup, the coffee in her cup reflecting her sorrowful look. Douxie and Archie looked at each other with a small frown. After they picked her up from the hospital she was so worried about Jim. "Love, it's going to be alright." He placed a hand on her shoulder and rubbed her arm.

"Ha... I know. I just can't help but worry." Y/N couldn't shake off those emerald eyes she saw last night. The radio in her kitchen started playing in the morning. She looked out the window to see the grey clouds. "Maybe you should stay in bed, Arcadia. Looks like this storm may stick with us for a while. If you're looking to stay dry, the local high school is performing Romeo and Juliet tonight."

Y/N stood up finished her drink quickly and placed it in the sink. "I have to go to the hospital to visit him. Do you mind driving me?" Douxie hesitantly nodded and grabbed the keys. He grabbed her hand and she used her free hand to wave bye to Archie. Getting in her car and strapping themselves in, they drove off. Douxie glanced at Y/N a couple of times, still kept his hold on her hand and they made it to the hospital.

Douxie handed her the umbrella and she opened the door, walked out, and looked at Douxie, giving him a weak smile. "Thanks for driving me, Doux." Douxie nodded giving her a sweet smile. "Hey, Y/N?" She hummed before closing the door. "Tonight's the performance for Romeo and Juliet at Arcadia High. Would you like to see it together tonight?" Y/N smiled and nodded making him smile back with delight. She closed the door and watched Douxie drove off. She entered the hospital and talked to the register to visit Jim.

The nurse told her what room he was held in and thanked her. She stopped in front of a pair of blue curtains, she let a breath out and opened the curtains slowly. Toby and Jim gasped a little but calmed when they saw it was only Y/N. "Hey, you guys." The two boys waved at her and Y/N took the seat on Jim's left, "How are you feeling, Jim?"

"I'm doing pretty well. But, we're glad you're here in time. I've received a voice message from Strickler and it's about Blinky." Y/N's brows furrowed and Jim pulled out his phone and played the message. Toby leaned inward, to listen to the voicemail that had been sent. It was Blinky's voice.

"Master Jim, You must listen to me very carefully. They've captured me and want you to come to the Bridge... alone." His voice suddenly was raised and his warning was simple, "Don't come! It's a trap!" Jim, Toby, and Y/N had listened as a fight broke out on the other side of the line. "Give me that!"

Someone argued before the voice was clear. This time, Strickler spoke to them. "It appears things have grown awkward, Mr. Lake. Meet me in the alley beside the theater if you ever want to see your friend again." Blinky's screamed at the voicemail, " Don't open the Bridge! Under no circumstan--" The line cut off.

"I've listened to it a hundred times now, and I still don't know what to do." Jim stared off into the distance as Toby reassured him, " You don't have to do this alone. You've got Aaarrrgghh!!!, Draal, Y/N, me." Y/N nodded in agreement with a small smile on her face but was quickly wiped off. "They said I had to be alone." Toby's face also had dropped in a bit of shock.

"If I'm not, what do you think they'll do to Blinky?" Toby quickly put in his input. "Blinky made it clear. Under no circumstances." Jim didn't like the sound of that or was too pleased about that.  "Enough friends have gotten hurt because of me. No more." Toby gave up, knowing Jim wouldn't give up. "Well, it's your call. You're the Trollhunter."

Toby pulled the real amulet out of his pocket, handing it to Jim. "Here. I picked it up in the woods after they dragged you away." The amulet pulsed in its owner's hand. "I thought since we found it together, we'd always be in this together. And Y/N will always be like a big sister to us and she knows their world a lot better than we do." Jim looked at Y/N and she smiled, Toby was a true friend. Y/N patted his head and they all looked at each other in silence until Barbara walked in.