A small gift

Arriving back home, Archie waiting for her on the couch. Douxie was nowhere to be found anywhere. Y/N walked over to Archie and petted his head. "Hey, Arch. Where's Douxie?" Archie hopped off the couch and walked over to the kitchen counter to see a box and a small note left on it.

Y/N picked it up and read it aloud. "'Went out to deal with some business. Won't be for long! Also, the box has the gift I wanted to give you.'" She looked down back at the box awaiting for her to open.

Placing the note down she picked up the box and opened it to see a beautiful gem attached to a string and some stringed wires wrapped around it and a small ball attached to it. But what she found strange is... "Where on earth did he get this?" Archie only licked his paws as she examined the mysterious gift.

 "Where on earth did he get this?" Archie only licked his paws as she examined the mysterious gift

Y/N shrugged and placed it around her neck, missing the soft glow of it. Opening her camera on her phone she looked at how beautiful it was. "Douxie has some tastes." A vibration came from her phone and saw it was a text from Jim.

Jim texted her asking her about his training. Y/N thought back and she never had any training that connected with the Trollhunter's duty. She texted him back that he should find out about it tomorrow and said she has no clue what training does a Trollhunter requires. She texted him that she needed to go to bed and had a day off from college tomorrow.

Pitting her phone down she walked to her bathroom to wash her face, Archie walked back to the couch and made himself comfortable. Rubbing the fluffy towel on her face, drying the drops of water on her face she looks at herself with the gem glowing softly. Touching it feeling a cold touch from it.

"Hmm... I might as well ask Douxie what this this is and where'd he got it from." Walking out of the bathroom. Walking past Archie, perking up at her movement. Grabbing her phone and started dialing his number and waiting for him to answer.

A few seconds later he picked up, Y/N could hear on the other side of the call it sounded like he was outside and heard some... Trash cans? Y/N raised a brow and opened her mouth to call his name and Douxie quickly answered her call. "Y/N! Why are you calling?" Y/N could hear him struggling and sounded like he was in pain. "Uh... I wanted to call you about the gift but you sound like you're in trouble."

"No no no! I'm fine." Douxie tried to reassure her but Y/N brushed it off. Grabbing her car keys. "I just returned home and called you to hear you in trouble. I'm coming where you are." As she headed to the door, Archie jumped in front of her, shaking his furry head. "Archie, come on. Douxie could be in trouble."

"Y/N, I'm fine! Don't worry I'll come back soon." Y/N stayed silent on the line and sighed walking back to the couch. "Fine but you better be home." Archie jumped onto the couch and rubbed against her arm that held her phone. Y/N petted his head and heard Douxie sigh in relief. "No worries, love. I'll be fine."

Y/N let out an okay and ended the call dropping her head on the couch edge and sighed in worry. Archie hopped onto her lap and curled on her lap. She soothed his back and thought of Douxie and how he was.

"I hope he's alright."

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Douxie on the other hand was NOT alright. Casting a spell and blasting the green creatures that tried to jump on him. Crossing his arms and a blue sphere surrounded himself and the creatures jumped on his barrier and Douxie cried out an annoying noise and then the creatures exploded their green blood splattered on the ally walls.

Douxie let out a sigh of exhaustion. Stretching his fingers and stretched them up. Brushing his hands and looked around the area. "Goblins... Why are they here?" Douxie took out his phone to check the time. "It's already so late. Y/N's probably worried sick." Douxie started running back to the house, awaiting a sleeping Y/N.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

"Well, don't you look awful." Archie welcomed him back when he rushed inside the house. Douxie rolled his eyes at the cat and caught Y/N sleeping on the couch with the TV still playing in the background. "She fell asleep while waiting for you. And you sure did take your time." Douxie just side-eyed his familiar and went around the couch to carry her to her room.

Archie followed them and Douxie opened the door with magic. Placing Y/N down and covering her with the blanket. "There are goblins in Arcadia now. That's gonna be a problem." Archie hummed, "Y'know, Y/N wondered why you gave such a gift to her when she called you earlier." Douxie facepalmed and slid down his face, covering his mouth. "Of course, she did."

"Y'know giving her the Sapphire Illifersonite is not a very smart idea." Douxie glared at the cat and sat on the edge of the bed near her legs. "I know. I know. But this gem is the only thing that could protect her." Archie raised a brow and glanced at the glowing mineral. "And giving her a blue one is a choice you picked. There are others that can easily protect her whatever color you know." His tail swishing back and forth. "Unless you chose it to remind her at how much you lo--"

Douxie clamped the cat's mouth, "Ah ah ah ah! No. You. Don't. It's nothing like that!" Archie only just hummed fully 'convinced' and hopped off the bed. "You know you have to come up with a lie that can cover up your little gift." Then he left the room, leaving the two 'lovebirds' alone. Douxie sighed and looked over at Y/N.

He smiled at her and placed a hand over hers. "Don't worry, Y/N. With this gem, it'll protect you as if I'm with you."

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*