Bug Infestation

Y/N looked through the stacks of flyers in her hands. Douxie knocked on the door, and Y/N allowed him inside her room. "Hey, Y/N." Y/N turned to him with a smile, "Hey, Doux. Are you going somewhere?" Douxie nodded, "Yeah, Max said the group needs to prepare a setup for the Battle of The Bands." Y/N let out a couple of laughs as she placed the papers in a box. "Time flies, and there's only a week till the competition."

"I also saw a new picture on the wall. where'd you get it?" Y/N grabbed the box and her bag. They walked into the hallway and stopped in front of Vendel's painting. "Jim's mom painted this and he gave it to me as a gift last Friday." Douxie hummed and looked at the painting. "So, she also met the trolls?" Y/N nodded, and sighed, "Yeah, but her memories were erased and they're slowly coming back."

Douxie felt Y/N feeling down, so he placed a hand on her shoulder, "something wrong?" Y/N hummed and walked to the couch, where Archie and F/N were playing, mostly F/N using Archie as a trampoline, who looked done. She sat down next to them, and Douxie sat on the armrest, "Well, remember when I came back home all looking... well... down?" Douxie nodded, "Well, it was because I had a big battle with Angor Rot. I lost almost everyone. We were able to bring two of them back, but this one... this one we lost in an ambush we never expected."

Douxie frowned and kneeled down to her level, hugging her. She leaned her head against his chest and closed her eyes, feeling the comfort of his embrace. Archie and F/N, who had gone pretty quiet, joined in the hug. They hugged for a good minute and then moved away, with Douxie holding her hands. "I'm sorry that happened, Y/N," Douxie said softly. Y/N hummed in response, and Douxie rubbed his thumbs on the back of her hand.

"Thanks, Doux. Despite it being three weeks since that day happened, well, I need time to get it off my mind." Douxie hummed as he listened to her clearings. "Might not be the best time, but," Douxie grabbed both of her hands and stood up, bringing her along, "How about a date?" Y/N blinked and chuckled, "A friends' date? Or a date-date?" Douxie hummed, looking away, and Y/N removed a hand and lightly punched his arm, and he grunted, chuckling, "A date-date."

Y/N smiled and nodded, gripping both of his hands, "I would love to, Douxie."

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Y/N parked her car by Arcadia Oaks High, later probably around 2nd or 3rd period. Y/N pulled her jacket up a bit, hiding F/N, who sat on her shoulder. She grabbed a few flyers and walked inside the school, into the courtyard, but something felt off. "That's strange. Where'd everyone go?" Y/N looked around and approached a door, opening it and entering the hallway. All the lights were off, which made it creepy.

She turned on her phone flashlight and brightened the dark hallway a bit as she walked through. As she walked through the empty hallways of the school, she heard footsteps and clung to a wall. She peeked over a bit as the footsteps got closer, and then she jumped out at them. There was a thump and a high-pitched scream that made F/N jump, but Y/N relaxed when she realized who she had scared. "Steve?"

Steve was taking a couple of breaths, trying to calm down. He held a baseball bat in one hand, the other over his heart. Y/N gave him a hand and pulled him up to his feet as she asked him, "What's going on? Where's everyone else?" Steve coughed into his fist and looked at her, "Well, some huge, flying, glowing cockroaches appeared during our math quiz. And when I say that, they don't belong in Arcadia."

Y/N's brows quirked, and she shared a glance with F/N. "Giant cockroaches? Glowing?" Y/N repeated and hummed, wrapping an arm around her chest and placing a hand under her chin. "Well, whatever this bug infestation is, we better get rid of them." Steve nodded, and both ran through the school to find and get rid of them.

As they continued running through the hallways and were about to turn a corner, Steve fell again, this time accidentally running into someone. Y/N recognized them, "Krel? Aja?" Steve had run into Krel, probably while trying to kill a bug. "What are you doing here?" Krel asked, looking at Steve, who had tackled him. Steve turned to Krel with a glare, "You didn't actually think you could slay these tiny dragons without the power of the Palchuk, did you?" Y/N rolled her eyes. "In fact, we did," Aja said, moving next to Y/N.