The New Trollhunter

It's been weeks since Y/N knew the existence of trolls. She has been keeping the news on her side of the world and how Kanjigar has been doing. She and the trolls knew that his time would be up soon. It was around 8 AM now as she drove around. She went to go visit trollmarket today as she had a 'sick' leave. She has been training herself with a sword by Draal, and other trolls named Blinky and Aaarrrgghh!!!. She was doing amazing.

Pulling up beside the bridge, and walking to the edge she passed and her eyes widened. "Oh no..." she slowly spoke in fear. Quickly rushing down and almost falling on her face, Y/N came across the piles of rocks. Scavenging through it, her fear came back up. Tears started to well up in her eyes as she picked up the stone that showed bravery on his face. "Kanjigar..." she whispered softly and hugged the stone face to herself as she cried for his passing.

As she sat on the hot cement she heard her name call out to her. Looking to her left she saw 6 eyes looking at her. "B-Blinky?" she breathed out. "Lady Y/N..." Blinky replied to her with sorrow in his voice. She walked towards him after placing down Kanjigar. Stepping close to the tunnel.

"Are you alright?" Blinky asked with hesitation in his voice. "I'll be fine. Now, that Kanjigar's... fallen. Who's the next Trollhunter?" She saw Blinky wiggling his 12 fingers clicking together. "Blinky...?" she made him sigh and looked at her with some hesitation. "Uh... the amulet suddenly chose... someone unexpected... " he smiled at her nervously and she looked at him in disbelief.

"What does that mean?!" she threw her arms up in the air. Blinky chuckled at cleared his throat. "The amulet... chose... a human. Hehe." Y/N's widened in shock and was frozen. Blinky chuckled nervously and looked everywhere but her. And that's when she lost it. "WHAT?!" Blinky cringed at her loudness. "It chose... A human?? Are you serious?" Blinky nodded and Y/N stepped back and paced back and forth with a hand to her forehead.

"Oh, this is not good. Well, this is unexpected but... we can't do anything about it."  paused and glanced at Blinky. "Do they know?" Blinky shook his head and Y/N let out a relief sigh. "Okay, I'll find this new Trollhunter. Did you hear the name?" "Yes. The amulet spoke. James Lake." James Lake? Where has she heard this before? Then it came to her.

"Oh no..." she sighed in defeat and pinched her nose. Blinky looked at her in concern. "Is something wrong?" Y/N waved her hand. "No, no. It's just James Lake. Is... my doctor's mother. I've met her son once. But I don't he remembers me." Blinky clapped his four hands together. "That is excellent news! But will you approach him?" Y/N looked deep in thought. "I don't think so. At least not yet."

Blinky nodded in understanding. "You and Aaarrrgghh look after this kid. Don't. Freak. Him. Out. And stay out of sight." Blinky saluted her and left to go back to trollmarket. Y/N sighed and went back to her car. She drove to her favorite restaurant. She needs food.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Walking inside, finding her seat near the window she let out a sigh of relief. "Well, someone seems to be in a bad mood. Bad start of the day?" a smooth British accent made her smile and looked at the waiter. "I'm fine, Doux. Just... had a weird morning. That's all." A meow attracted her attention and she looked down at Archie hopping onto her lap. "Hi, Arch." She patted his smooth fur as he leaned in for more pats.

"So, the usual?" Douxie wrote her order as she nodded. "And don't worry, it's on the house. You look like you need rest." "Thank you, Douxie. You're a lifesaver." Douxie smiled and walked away. Y/N sighed and rummaged through her bag and took out a troll book handed by Blinky. Archie hopped onto the table out of curiosity. Opening the book, and looking through it. It may be written in Troll but she was learning.

A few minutes later, her drink came. Douxie placed it down, "Here you go! One F/D! Oh, what's that you're reading? I've never seen that language before." Y/N was pretty much an actress herself and she could fool some people but not in a bad way. "A friend of mine gave me this book as a gift. He said I should try out something new." Douxie laughed, "And I wonder who said that?" Y/N shook her head and softly punched his arm.