A tiny problem

The next day Y/N was informed by Toby that Draal and Jim's fight will be soon, which is a week, and were at Trollmarket learning about troll's history. The first trollhunter. But, around that time, Y/N was hanging out with Douxie at home, watching TV and playing some board games.

Now, they're playing some card games at the moment, and Douxie is close to winning her phone rings. Getting up and excusing herself to her room, she answered the call and placed the phone to her ear. She could hear Jim's nervous chatter.

"Jim? Is something wrong? You sound like... you're about to have a breakdown.", Y/N tried to calm Jim down and he started explaining his side of the story. "Hey, Y/N, um..., long story short, uuh... Toby and I were busy learning about troll history and I had a Trollhunter call."

"Okay... So what happened?", Y/N urged Jim to continue. Jim on the other line was being fidgety. "Well, um, it was a small problem with a gnome and...," Y/N could hear him whisper to himself. "Well? What'd it do?

"It took my amulet." There was a deafening silence and she sighed. "Okay, okay. I think I understand the problem. I'll go to trollmarket and see what I can do. I was planning to go back anyways. I gave a book to Vendel he might be interested in or know of it." Jim thanked her and said he and Toby needed to go to school.

Ending the call, she left the room seeing Douxie watching the TV with Archie sleeping on top of the couch. "Hey, Douxie. I have to go out right now. My friend needs my help to look for her pet." Douxie turned to Y/N grabbing her bag and car keys. "Do you need me to come with you, love?"

Y/N waved him off, opening the door, and smiling at him to reassure him. "No, no. We'll be okay. Besides the small critter is probably hiding in one of its hiding spots. I'll be back soon." Then Y/N left through the door. Archie peeked an eye open then stood up and then placed his glasses on. "If you must know, you and Y/N have to reveal each other secrets one day." Douxie only glared at him and turned to the window to see her car drive away.

"Yeah, yeah. But I'm sure it isn't a good time. She probably has a lot on her hands than I do." Archie only raised a brow and rolled his eyes and walked away leaving Douxie alone.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Y/N stood with Blinky and Aaarrrgghh!!! by her side. Looking at the tall, orange, closet... thing. She didn't know how to describe it very well. But Blinky calls it the Furgolator. A machine that makes any troll small. Using it on a human would be a first. Aaarrrgghh!! said it's a bad idea but what were they supposed to do?

"Um... Are you sure it would be okay? I mean... Jim's a human and well...", Y/N still needs to try and cope with this whole situation. "But, we have no other choice. We wouldn't have to use it if we had wizards." Speaking of wizards... "You did tell me once that the great Merlin, right?"

Blinky nodded and started to retell the tale, "Merlin was a great wizard. We have no clue what has happened to him." Y/N hummed and scratched her chin, thinking, "You also told me he once had apprentices. How many did he have?" Blinky looked away crossing his four arms and placing a hand on his chin. "I do not know well enough about Merlin's apprentices, but he did have great ones, like--", but Blinky stopped himself before he could go any further.

Y/N stayed silent but gave side-eyes to her two troll friends, who were clearly uncomfortable talking about Merlin's apprentices. Placing a comforting hand on one of Blinky's arms, "You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to, I could tell it must have been a dark time for you." Blinky smiled at the girl and walked away to go to his library.

Aaarrrgghh!!! and Y/N were left alone with the Furgolator. "Aaarrrgghh!!! don't like this..." Y/N knew he meant the machine. She had to agree with him. It did give off bad vibes and she does not like it. "Haaa... Let's just hope Jim will be alright when... he's shrunk."