Let's play with some magic

Y/N was at the Hero's forge, alone. She came to Trollmarket and told Vendel she'll do some training in the Hero's forge and doesn't wish to be disturbed. She then went to Blinky's library to get a book of spells.

Looking through the pages of the book, she came across a protection or shield magic. She read the instructions and saw the words in backward. "Huh... So it's in reverse or just backward. Are all wizard spells like this?" She paused herself thinking if wizards is the right word for females. "Would females normally call themselves witches or wizards? Eh."

She pushed it away and closed the book, putting it down. She then took a deep breath in and out. She then snapped her fingers, letting a troll dummy appear. She stared down at the dummy, raised her hand, and pointed at it. "Okay, you can do this. This is not like in the movies." She closed her eyes and took another breath.

The blue gen glowed softly as Y/N focused herself and her energy. Blocking any thoughts in her head to focus on one thing. "Dleihs!" (Shield) A small circle slowly formed on her hand.

With that, a bubble formed around the dummy, and her gem slowed its glow down

With that, a bubble formed around the dummy, and her gem slowed its glow down. Y/N peeked an eye open and saw the bubble form. Y/N gasped and clapped her hands. "Awesome! But... That was just a warm-up. Magic is hard to do."

Y/N picked the book up and continued to flip through after two minutes and the shield disappeared as she flipped through and found another spell. "An attack spell? Okay, this should be the first lesson for me. And there's quite a lot too." Slapping the book closed, putting it away and she rubbed her hands.

"Okay, let's try this." Y/N sighed and closed her eyes, raising her two hands and pointing at the dummy. "Etarenicni!" (Incinerate). She opened her eyes and saw nothing happen and she sighed. "Of course, after my first try, it wouldn't work out. Let's try again." She picked up the book again and chose a different spell.

"A spell that creates any weapon of your choice. Let's try... This." Y/N refocused back on the dummy and raised her hands again, "Worra Emalf!" (Flame Arrow) a circle appeared on her hand and a small arrow shot out of her hand and hit the dummy, marking it.

"Yes! Success! Could use some practice." And Y/N continued to look through the book and tried with multiple spells almost the whole day.

Dropping onto the floor she sighed in exhaustion. She heard some footsteps to see a Blinky and Aaarrrgghh!!! come in. "Oh hey, guys!" Aaarrrgghh!!! waved to her and Blinky greeted with a smile. "Master Y/N what are you doing here?" Y/N stood up with the book in her hand and brushed the dust off her pants. "Oh you know, just practicing some martial arts."

"Well, right now we have to check the forge for a moment. We thought we could make some changes a bit." Y/N nodded and followed the two to a certain platform and Aaarrrgghh!!! started to lift it up and Blinky hopped inside.

After a while Aaarrrgghh!!!'s arm started to get tired. "Higher. Just a little higher." Blinky said, popping out from beneath the rock that had left a gaping hole. "Arms hurt." Y/N gave a worried glance to the giant troll. "Focus on how much Master Jim's arms will hurt should this training equipment malfunction." Their current task was interrupted when Toby came running in with a panicked voice. The three turned their attention to the running chubby.