Against the law

In Trollmarket, Blinky and Y/N stood in the library in front of a wall, that had drawings on. She took this to rest as Douxie told Y/N she should stay home and rest when she came back home last night all knocked out. It had been two weeks since Jim had been in the Darklands and the amulet was still glowing and ticking on the bridge. So, they knew Jim was alright.

Blinky continued drawing on the wall as he explained to her and the frozen Aaarrrgghh!!! "Then, Tobias, Y/N and I riding in on the Vespa, in blazing fury, obviously using Claire's shadow staff's temporal portal ability. Aha! Yes! I believe this could work. What do you think, old friend?"

Blinky turned to Aaarrrgghh!!! with a smile. Aaarrrgghh!!! didn't reply. F/N chirped and Y/N looked at Blinky then at Aaarrrgghh!!!, then back to him. Blinky looked down, shaking his head, Y/N placed a hand on his shoulder as he started to talk down. "No, you're right. That can't work. A shadow staff cannot cross into the Darklands." Then Blinky with a stern look started drawing more pictures. Y/N moving away.

"So, the question remains. How does one open the bridge to save the Trollhunter when one needs a Trollhunter to open said bridge? The quandary is confounding. Think, Blinkous, think!" Then Claire and Toby arrived. "Any luck, Blink?" Claire came up beside him and looked at his plans. 

"Per usual, I'm never short on plans, but a working one? No. I must say, it is most frustrating to find oneself without any options. What about you, Tobias? Any fortune with the fetch?" Toby's head was inside the fetch. Toby wanted to use the fetch to see if he could find Jim through it if he walked around in Arcadia. 

He then took his head out, "I've been sticking my head through this thing everywhere in Arcadia. All I see is endless Darklands. No Jim." He said with frustration in his voice. Then he changed his tone and pulled out a Nougat Nummy he had in his pocket. "But I have been leaving Nougat Nummies to let him know we haven't given up..." He threw the candy into the Darklands, "... and to provide a boost of nourishment."

Toby sighed and leaned against Aaarrrgghh!!! 's hand as he looked at the fetch in his hands. Y/N crossed her arms, rubbing them and Blinky came over, placing a hand on his shoulder. "This is hopeless, isn't it?" 

"As my brother Dictatious used to say..." He then spoke something trollish at the end of his sentence. "'Even the word 'hopeless'..." Y/N nodded and finished for them, "'...isn't void of hope.'"

Blinky nodded at the two and gestured to Claire, "Glad to see you still know your Trollish. Which is precisely why we mustn't give up in helping Master Jim. Our adventures have already taken one friend from us." Blinky moved in front of Aaarrrgghh!!!, placing his hand on Aaarrrgghh!!! outstretched hand. "We must no lose another. The answer to saving Jim is in here somewhere." Blinky looked at the three with a determined look.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

A few moments later, everyone split up around the library. Claire was reading through a book about Killahead Bridge. Y/N reading some spell books to see if there was any that could help them. F/N was sleeping somewhere else. And Toby looked at a clawed item thing, that seemed oddly familiar. He took it and examined it. "Hey, what the heck?" He fell back when he realized it was his warhammer. "Who turned my warhammer into a backscratcher?"

He quickly stood up and glared at everyone, who looked over at Toby and his newly formed warhammer. Blinky walked up to him with a reassuring smile. "After witnessing your troubles handling it, I sought to stabilize its unpredictability and make it, as you might say..." Blinky took the warhammer from his hands and the hammer magically popped out, "... fun-size."

Toby's jaw dropped "Whaaaat? Pocket hammer." Toby then tried it out, turning it upside down, and looked like he was jumping up and down on a trampoline, "Fun-size. Awesome-size! Fun-size. Awesome-size! Fun-size. Awesome-size!"