Dogfight Days of Summer

Summer has just started, and everyone was over at the Tarron's house, the next day after the team came back from the moon. Y/N and F/N were going over for a small party to relax. Douxie had to be called over for a rush at the restaurant. Once she arrived, she was greeted by Toby because Aja, Krel, and others were in the mothership to look at something. Now, she was swimming in the pool (of course wearing a one-piece suit) with Luug, in his transduction as a Corgi Dog, on a duck floatie. F/N sat with Toby, Mary, Darci, and Steve, who were all wearing shades

"That's it. I'm finished with the Internet," Mary complained as she picked up her glass of lemonade and took a sip, scrolling through her phone. "There's nothing left to see. I'm so bored. This summer isn't exciting at all." She turned off her phone and laid back against her deck chair. Darci glanced over and softly spoke to Toby as they held hands, "There's nothing to do. It almost makes me miss school."

"That's crazy-town talk, Darc," Toby said with a smile, relieved not to be in school, waving his arm. "We could go see a movie," Steve suggested as he sat up, pulled his shades up, "Ooh, Gun Robot Versus Laser Ninjas!" Steve punched his palm at his suggestion. Then Luug jumped onto Steve's lap, and Steve rubbed his belly. Y/N walked out of the pool, making her towel float towards her to dry her hair a little.

"Seen it. Needed more ninjas," Darci said, with both of her arms behind her head. Mary turned to Steve, holding her lemonade, "Accept it, Steve. This is the most boring summer on record." Then Steve put his shades back on, laughed mischievously, put Luug down, and walked towards Mary. He lifted her up, "Steve, put me down! Aah!" Mary shrieked as Steve threw her in the pool. "Is it boring now?" Y/N then turned to F/N, and she glanced at Steve. He jumped off the table he was lying on, spit fire at his feet, making him yelp and fall into the pool, making everyone laugh.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Y/N (in her clothes, her hair dried), F/N, Toby, and Eli were inside the house. The two boys were playing Go-Go Sushi while Y/N was on her phone texting. F/N sat on her knee with one leg crossed over the other, watching them play. "Unagi bonus!" the game announced. "Order up!" Toby exclaimed. "Sashimi me, Pepperjack!" Toby said to Eli. "Yes, Chef!"

"Arigatōgozaimashita!" (Thank you so much), Toby thanked Eli in Japanese. Y/N saw Aja and Krel walk over to them with a box in her hands with some items inside, "that is a sad California roll," Toby said. "I keep forgetting the avocado 'cause I'm allergic," Eli said about to lose. "You're allergic to winning!" Toby said, pushing Eli by his shoulder, and Eli pushed him back, the game announcing a 'Rock and roll!' Aja and Krel came by their side. "Hey, thanks for letting us hang here, guys. This is the most boring summer ever, and--"

"So, I've got some good and bad news for you," Aja said. Getting in the way of the game, the two boys tried to look past her. Y/N turned off her phone, stood up from the couch, F/N crawling to her shoulder, and stood next to Aja on her right. As she first told the bad news, "The bad news is that your planet is about to be invaded by an extraterrestrial force." The two quickly glanced at each other, Toby focused back on the game, and Eli looked at Aja asking, then focused back on the game, "What's the good news?"

"Your summer is no longer boring," she said, and her face turned serious as she dropped the box in front of them. Y/N kneeled by the box and looked inside to see some weapons. "Now, enough fishy games. We must train you." The two stopped playing and threw their controllers aside as Toby summarized Aja's news, "A real intergalactic army is coming for Earth, and you want—" Eli cut him off, lifting his glasses, "our help?" Toby gave him a strange look, probably wondering why he was about to finish a sentence.

"You are the most accomplished human warriors we know," Y/N stood up and patted Aja's back. "She means the only human warriors we know," Krel said, rephrasing Aja's words. "I think they know that, Krel," Y/N said. Toby and Eli looked at the box, then at each other, and gasped at the gadgets. They jumped up in excitement, making Y/N and F/N deadpan. "Yeah, awesome-sauce!" the two high-fived each other, and the two Akiridions looked over at Y/N and F/N, who shrugged. "You can't blame them for wanting to try out intergalactic space weapons," Y/N shook her head and crossed her arms. "Ay, yi, yi," Krel sighed as the three looked at them with a serious look.