Chapter 5: The marriage

Ahmet made a plea, "Emir, please take care of Reyhan for the rest of her life. Emir was confused looking at Ahmet. Ahmet continued "Emir, please marry my daughter" And he started crying while holding his both hands in pleading. Emir and Reyhan exchanged intense glances, both surprised by the request.

Emir was about to respond, but Zehra interrupted, expressing her disapproval, "Wow, Mr. Polat, how neatly you're trying to pass your problems to us. We don't need your daughter. How can you even think that Reyhan is a suitable match for my son"

Ahmet, spoke up in the tense atmosphere of the room. He said, "It was your son who proposed to Reyhan in front of everyone."

However, Zehra, Emir's mother, couldn't accept the situation. She responded dismissively, "That was just a little attraction. My son can never fall for a girl like Reyhan. A girl whose character is filled with filth."

Cansu, who had been quiet during this exchange, stood up and walked over to Ahmet. She placed a gentle hand on his shoulder and said softly, "Ahmet, let's not push Emir into anything. It's his life too. We can't force him into anything."

Zehra's face contorted with frustration. Reyhan, still processing the sudden turn of events, remained silent, her eyes conveying a mix of gratitude and uncertainty. Ayla, sitting beside her, gently held her hand, providing her with a comforting reassurance. Cansu said, "Reyhan, my dear, No one will force you into anything."

In the heavy silence that followed, Reyhan stood up with unwavering determination. Her voice rang through the room as she declared, "I'm ready." The words hung in the air, echoing. She continued, "I'm ready to marry Emir. If this decision is what my parents want, then I'll do as they wish only if Emir agrees to this.."

Emir was taken aback by Reyhan's sudden decision. All eyes turned to him, searching for his response. He remained silent, the weight of the moment apparent in his expression. Without a word, he left the room, leaving everyone in a state of tension.

Zehra, Emir's mother, finally broke the silence. She remarked, "Have you all noticed that Emir didn't say anything? Please leave my son away from all this. I hope this is clear to all of you."

On hearing Zehra's words, Reyhan was about to leave, feeling a mix of emotions. However, to everyone's surprise, Emir suddenly returned, capturing everyone's attention. He strode confidently back into the room, making his way toward Reyhan.

Emir reached her and stood by her side, taking her hand in his. He led Reyhan to the center of the living room while holding her hand firmly. Reyhan was shocked by this turn of events and looked at Emir with a mix of confusion and anticipation.

With a determined expression, Emir said, "Ahmet uncle, I will take care of Reyhan for the rest of my life. I promise." Reyhan's eyes filled with tears as she looked at Emir. Their eyes met, and in that moment, an unspoken understanding passed between them.

In the legal office, Emir and Reyhan were present to sign their marriage papers. As they both signed the documents, a sense of joy filled the room. Cansu and Ahmet expressed their gratitude to Emir, saying, "Emir, you have done a huge favor for us and our family. We can never repay you for this."

Emir replied humbly, "Reyhan and I just need your blessings."

Zehra, Emir's mother, appeared distant and frustrated during the proceedings. Can and Zara approached Emir and Reyhan, extending their congratulations to the newly married couple. Emir looked at Reyhan with a warm smile, and Reyhan, standing there with mixed emotions, accepted their good wishes.

As they prepared to exit the office, Reyhan suddenly felt unwell. She felt like vomiting and immediately rushed to the washroom, leaving Emir looking concerned for her well-being.

Reyhan emerged from the washroom, wiping her mouth. As she rejoined the group, Zehra, Emir's mother, made a hurtful comment, saying, "I told you... Your daughter is a filth... Look at the symptoms, It seems she's pregnant." Her words echoed in the room, leaving everyone stunned.

Can, not willing to tolerate such accusations against Reyhan, firmly responded, "I have endured a lot, but not this. You're Zara's mom, that's why I'm telling you patiently to please stop accusing my sister."

Emir, noticing Reyhan's condition, immediately went to her side and asked, "Reyhan, are you alright?" But before Reyhan could respond, she suddenly fell unconscious, and Emir rushed to support her, his concern was evident in his eyes.

Emir gently lifted Reyhan into his arms, and with determination, he stated, "You people carry on fighting; I'm taking her to the hospital." In the hospital corridor, Emir stood anxiously, waiting for the doctor's response. Finally, the doctor arrived and informed him, "She has food poisoning. She must have had something allergic or some bad food." Emir, visibly worried, asked, "Is she okay?"

The doctor reassured him, saying, "It will take time. Right now, she's so weak. She's on medication. I hope by the evening, you can take her home." Emir nodded, still deeply concerned about Reyhan's well-being.

Emir entered Reyhan's hospital room, his eyes filled with concern. He calmly asked, "How are you feeling?" Reyhan replied, "Better," but just as she said that, she had another bout of vomiting and hurriedly stood up from her bed. Emir immediately joined her in the washroom, and as she leaned in to vomit, he carefully held her hair away from her face, a caring gesture from him. In the process, some drops made Emir's shirt dirty.

Once Reyhan was done, she noticed the stains on Emir's shirt and said, "I'm sorry, let me clean that." Emir, ever patient and caring, replied, "That's fine." Reyhan cleaned his shirt, and Emir looked at her with a gentle smile, showing his understanding and concern.

Emir guided Reyhan towards the bed, holding her hand for support. As she sat on the bed, Emir started to remove her slippers, but Reyhan was overwhelmed by this and touched his hand gently to stop him. Emir smiled, respecting her wishes, and nodded.