Chapter 38: Reyhan's support

In the vision, Emir saw his childhood self happily joining his father, holding his hand. Both figures left together, smiling. Emir, with a teary but hopeful expression, continued to watch the vision unfold. As the funeral rites concluded, the emotional moment lingered, leaving Emir with a mix of sorrow and a sense of connection with his father's memory.

At his father's house, Emir returned to take back Zehra, Reyhan, and Zara. As they prepared to leave, Emir's step-brother Yiğit approached, making a bitter comment. He remarked, "You better take them away from here." Ignoring Yiğit's words, Emir gestured for Zehra, Reyhan, and Zara to join him.

Yiğit continued his cynical commentary, asking, "What happened? Why did you bother to come now? When father was pleading to meet you, you never came. But as soon as he dies, you all are here." Emir, angered by Yiğit words, turned and confronted him, "What were you doing when he was in the hospital? His medical bills were pending to be paid. You call yourself his ideal son, then where were you those days when he was fighting for his life in the hospital?"

Zehra, hearing this, got shocked, realizing that Emir had full knowledge of his father's treatment and health. She wondered if he found out that she transferred the whole amount to her account and didn't pay the hospital bills.

In the midst of the tense confrontation, Reyhan gently held Emir's arm, trying to calm him down. Emir, meeting her gaze, managed to control his anger. Reyhan softly said, "Emir, please. This is not the right place or the right time, let it be." Emir, understanding her words, nodded in agreement, choosing to maintain composure amid the difficult circumstances.

In a dimly lit room, Emir sat on a chair, lost in his thoughts, resting his neck against the back. The door opened, and Reyhan entered with a glass of water. She gently placed it on the table and was about to leave when Emir unexpectedly held her hand. Reyhan, surprised, looked at him. Emir softly said, "Can you stay here for a while?" Understanding his inner turmoil, Reyhan nodded gently.

Emir stood up in front of her, still holding her hand. Then, in a sudden and intense moment, Emir hugged Reyhan tightly. He started crying uncontrollably, as if seeking solace in her presence to pour out his overwhelming emotions. Reyhan, feeling his pain, also started crying, sharing the emotional moment with him.

Emir, pouring out his emotions, said, "Yesterday, I saw his picture, and I realized I wasn't hating him all those years. I was just carrying that childhood grudge in my heart. When he left, he left a space that never filled in my life, and I covered that space with anger and frustration. Reyhan, what do you think? I never tried to talk to him ever. I did, but his family never allowed me to meet him. When I got the first position in high school, I went there to meet him, but his wife scolded me, saying he didn't want to see my face. That day, I cried a lot when I reached home. I never discussed this incident with anyone, not with mom, not with Zara. And when mom informed me about his health, I couldn't gather the courage to face him, to gather those broken pieces inside me. And he just left today, without seeing my face."

Reyhan, also in tears, gently wiped his tears, sharing the emotional weight of his revelation.

Reyhan, emotionally overwhelmed, said, "Emir, you're his ideal son. Wherever he is right now, he is watching you. He must be really proud of you. And Emir, don't think that he never loved you; he did. Not a single father in this world could hate their children. It was just about the situation. Maybe he had his own reasons when he left; we can't blame anyone without knowing their side of the story. Emir, look at me." Emir looked at her. Reyhan continued, "I'm proud of you. Your father is proud of you. Enough. That's enough for a man - that his wife, his father, his mother, his sister - is proud to have him." Emir nodded through his tears. Reyhan cupped his face and gently wiped his tears, providing comfort in their emotional moment.

In the morning, Reyhan was coming out of their room when Zehra saw her. Zehra approached and said, "Reyhan, what were you doing in Emir's room? Is there anything left after what you did to him?" Reyhan replied, "Zehra aunty, there is a lot that I wanted to question you about, but I understand the gravity of the situation. I'm not someone who doesn't see any situation or anyone's pain. You just get ready with your bitter words to bombard them over others."

Zehra, frustrated, responded, "Reyhan, now you will teach me how I should respond to my son?" Reyhan said, "No, I'm not going to teach you anything because this is something a person develops by themselves. And one more thing, please, I'm requesting you, be careful with your words around Emir. He's very sensitive." Zehra asserted, "I know my son very well." Reyhan replied, "No, you don't know him. Despite the fact you're his mother, you don't know anything about him. Tell me when did he last talk about his father to you? When did he cry in front of you? When did he put his head in your lap, and you provided him comfort?"

Zehra, feeling somewhat guilty, remained silent. Reyhan continued, "I'm so surprised, aunty, that whenever you talked about his father in front of him, you never noticed his discomfort. Whenever you mention his father's name, he feels unwanted and abandoned. And this is the main reason for all his emotional problems. He's still facing those problems because since his childhood, nobody addressed them."

After freshening up, Reyhan came downstairs and saw Emir standing in the kitchen, preparing coffee. She smiled, appreciating his efforts to move on in his life. Reyhan reached there and asked with a smile, "So, you're preparing coffee?" Emir smiled back, replying, "Yes," while taking his cup out of the machine. Reyhan observed him with warmth in her eyes.

Emir then asked, "Do you want some?" Reyhan smiled warmly. Emir took another cup, poured some coffee into it, and handed it to Reyhan. He then walked out of the kitchen. Reyhan smiled, blushing a bit, as she took a sip of the coffee, appreciating his loving gesture.

In the evening, Reyhan went out of the Tarhun mansion, and the media immediately surrounded her. Cameras were flashing, and reporters were bombarding her with questions like, "Ma'am, are you related to the Tarhun's? Please reply...Ma'am what happened to Ali Tarhun.. Your comments about his demise?" Reyhan was visibly troubled, unsure how to handle the situation.