Chapter 45: The Public Announcement

Reyhan, giving in, gently lifted his collar and began tying the tie around his neck. Emir watched her with a smile. Reyhan, feeling extremely shy, told him, "Don't look at me like this." Emir innocently asked, "Like what?" Reyhan, blushing, admitted, "I don't know."

Zehra, watching Reyhan and Emir from a distance, expressed her frustration, saying, "Look at her. This girl has no shame; she took away my son from me. He doesn't even talk to me now. And look at her, smiling with him, getting close to him in front of so many people."

Just then, Selim approached Zehra, saying, "Hello, aunty, how are you?" Zehra smiled and replied, "Oh, hello Selim, I'm good." Selim complimented her, "Aunty, I must say you still look so young." Zehra, looking proud, said, "Well, I maintained myself like this."

Selim then shared his intention, "Aunty, actually, I wanted to talk about something important to you." Zehra, curious, asked, "Yes, tell me. Is it about Zara?" Selim, taken aback, admitted, "Yes." Zehra, insightful, said, "You like her, don't you?" Selim, surprised, asked how she knew. Zehra, with a smile, stated, "I'm so experienced, my dear."

Selim then confessed, "Actually, aunty, I'm not sure how to tell this to Zara. I mean, I just want to marry her. She's so perfect the way she is." Zehra, recognizing an opportunity to separate Zara from Can, encouraged Selim, "Don't hesitate, just tell her today." Selim, unsure, questioned, "Today?" Zehra advised firmly, "Today or never. Just say it as soon as you can. These things can't be delayed for long."

As the event began, everyone was seated around their tables. Suddenly, the lights went off, casting the room into darkness. A beam of light descended, illuminating Reyhan in her seat, highlighting her in the dark. Reyhan, confused, looked around trying to understand what was happening.

The spotlight then shifted to Emir, standing near the stage with a smile directed at Reyhan. As he gently walked towards her, Emir extended his hand, gesturing for her to join him. Reyhan's confusion deepened. Reyhan, hesitating for a moment, placed her hand in his, and together they walked to the stage, hand in hand.

On the stage, Emir positioned himself in front of the podium, with Reyhan standing beside him. The dimmed lights created a warm atmosphere as they faced the audience together, Emir's smile reflecting a secret surprise for Reyhan.

Emir continued speaking into the microphone, the applause filling the room. "Hello, I welcome you all to this amazing evening," he began, acknowledging the gathered guests. The applause intensified.

"As we all are aware, we are here together for the December magazine launch," Emir with a heartfelt smile, he added, "But along with that, I have something else to share here right in front of everyone."

He looked at Reyhan, his expression filled with love, and continued, "It is said if a man finds the right person by his side, a storm comes at first which destroys all negatives, then the peace prevails, and the spring begins." Emir's words carried a profound sentiment as he gazed at Reyhan.

"I have experienced the same with my one and only who's standing right beside me," Emir declared, his eyes locked with Reyhan's. "The love of my life... my wife... Reyhan Tarhun." Reyhan's eyes filled with a mix of happiness and tears as Emir publicly declared their love. The room erupted in applause once again, celebrating the shared joy of the couple.

Emir continued with a heartfelt expression, "Reyhan is the first love of my life, and it intends to last too. The way she calmed the storm inside me gave me a sense of peace. Now, with her, I'm walking in the garden of blossoming trees and flowers of our love. We are living our dream beautifully together."

With those words, he moved to the center of the stage, gesturing for Reyhan to join him. As they stood facing each other, Reyhan, puzzled, tried to understand the unfolding moment. To her surprise, Emir took out a small box from his pocket, knelt down before her, and with a smile, extended the ring towards her.

"Reyhan Tarhun, please be by my side always like this," Emir said, sealing the declaration of their love with a heartfelt proposal on the stage. The room held its breath in anticipation, capturing the magic of the moment.

Reyhan got emotional, tears shimmering in her eyes, she looked deeply into Emir's eyes. Their gazes held a shared happiness. Emir, with a tender smile, said, "Just say yes." Reyhan, smiling through her tears, extended her hand towards him and whispered, "Yes... always."

Emir gently placed the ring on her finger, and the room erupted in applause, celebrating their togetherness. Cameras flashed, capturing the moment. Emir stood up, noticing Reyhan's teary eyes. His own eyes glimmered with emotion as he smiled, leaning his head against hers. Reyhan closed her eyes, lost in the overwhelming moment.

Emir cupped her face gently and kissed her forehead, and as they looked into each other's eyes, Reyhan whispered, "Us... forever." Emir smiled, affirming, "Yes, we are forever." The applause continued, and with their hands intertwined, Emir emotionally kissed Reyhan's hand, his gaze fixed on the ring.

Zehra, seated in the audience, expressed her frustration, muttering, "What's this nonsense going on? What Emir is doing? He publicly declared that girl as his wife. I can't believe it. She's getting on my son's head. She needs to be lowered down soon." Then unable to handle the situation, Zehra stood up abruptly and walked outside, leaving the celebratory atmosphere behind.

Zara, caught up in the joy of Reyhan and Emir's moment, cheered and clapped enthusiastically. Observing her happiness, Selim couldn't help but comment, "They're looking so perfect together." Zara, with a smile, agreed, "Yes, they complete each other." Selim smiled at her response, he found himself unable to contain his feelings for Zara. Silently, he continued to look at her, a mix of admiration and emotions hidden behind his gaze.

As the dance performances continued, with everyone gathered around, Can sat at the bar, his gaze fixed on Zara and Selim enjoying each other's company. Anger and jealousy simmered within him. Eventually, he stood up and approached the model who had been consistently watching him.

Can, with a somewhat forced charm ask, "Do you want to dance?" The model, flirtingly, replied, "Yes, why not." They hit the dance floor, and Can danced with her closely. Zara, watching from a distance, couldn't hide her jealousy and hurt seeing Can dancing intimately with someone else.